Embarkation at 1pm?

Prada Cowboy

I will be on my first WS cruise this Wednesday, but in all of the threads and reviews I've read people said if they arrived before 1:00, they had to check their bag at a tent that was set up on the pier but had to wait until 1:00 for boarding. It sounds like most people that arrive early check their bags and do some shopping or eating at the businesses around the port.

I will be on my first WS cruise this Wednesday, but in all of the threads and reviews I've read people said if they arrived before 1:00, they had to check their bag at a tent that was set up on the pier but had to wait until 1:00 for boarding. It sounds like most people that arrive early check their bags and do some shopping or eating at the businesses around the port.

Thank you!

When they say 1 pm, they mean it. Sometimes they will allow you to check bags earlier. On my first Windsurf cruise, we arrived at noon. We joined a large group of anxious people waiting to board. On my last Windstar cruise, we arrived at 1 pm and weren't allowed to board until after 3 pm. We did get some OBC for the delay. From my experience, if you have a place to stay before the cruise, enjoy your day...show up later. I know that many cruise lines allow earlier boarding. Unfortunately Windstar sticks to after 1 pm.