Las Caletas: day or night with family?

Cruznjuly

We are traveling With our 2 boys- 11 and 14.

We did Las Caletas about 3 years ago, and loved it.

Thinking of trying the Rhythms of the Night this time, but wondering if it's as kid friendly.

Have no problem repeating the day trip- just wondering which is best for older kids- day or night?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ritmo de la noche during the night is different then the one during the day.

During the day it is more a beach destination and famile orientated.

At night you will have a nice buffet dinner and before or after dinner a traditional interesting show in the outdoors theatre. All with torchlight. Alcohol is served, on the beach as well as on board. It is more orientated on adults, however kids are welcome of course. Donot forget to bring insect repellent.

When it is a ship excursion the return will be in time before departure. When individual the return might be around 10 pm or later.

Unfortunately nobody can book unless through ship.. I wish we could.

Alcohol was everywhere during the day too. :)

They have one night trip that leaves the dock at 330... Ill have to check sunset times.

Thank!

• 3 weeks later...
With children I think the day trip is the best. More beach activities.

Thanks. Kinda figured but wanted to be sure. Booked the day trip again.

Can't wait!!!

• 1 month later...
Ritmo de la noche during the night is different then the one during the day.

During the day it is more a beach destination and famile orientated.

At night you will have a nice buffet dinner and before or after dinner a traditional interesting show in the outdoors theatre. All with torchlight. Alcohol is served, on the beach as well as on board. It is more orientated on adults, however kids are welcome of course. Donot forget to bring insect repellent.

When it is a ship excursion the return will be in time before departure. When individual the return might be around 10 pm or later.

How does it work if you want to do both? Is there a place to clean up and change for the evening?

How does it work if you want to do both? Is there a place to clean up and change for the evening?

When we were there a couple of years ago, there was a couple doing the evening excursion as well as the day one that we did.

They made them get back on the boat and go back to the dock, and then wait to return to Las Caletas with everybody else.

They were pretty irritated because that was an extra 90 minutes at least on the boat, but they apparently clean up and have to vacate the island in between each group.

When we were there a couple of years ago, there was a couple doing the evening excursion as well as the day one that we did.

They made them get back on the boat and go back to the dock, and then wait to return to Las Caletas with everybody else.

They were pretty irritated because that was an extra 90 minutes at least on the boat, but they apparently clean up and have to vacate the island in between each group.

I heard that too! I think we will be doing the night time show and save the day trip for another time.

• 3 weeks later...

You may have checked this already, but the evening trip "Rhythms of the Night" is only offered when the ship stays docked late.

It's a great tour and we wanted to do it again, but this time our ship leaves at 8, so only the day "Beach Excursion" is offered. (I believe last time we were docked til 10, so we were able to do the "Rhythms" excursion.)

It was so fun, though, and I highly recommend it!

We are looking forward to seeing what the property looks like during daylight!

Our ship offers plenty of time to do both excursions… We just can't afford both LOL

(Not to mention, they don't let you stay on the island in between)

So we will be doing the day excursion in a couple weeks!

:)

You may have checked this already, but the evening trip "Rhythms of the Night" is only offered when the ship stays docked late.

It's a great tour and we wanted to do it again, but this time our ship leaves at 8, so only the day "Beach Excursion" is offered. (I believe last time we were docked til 10, so we were able to do the "Rhythms" excursion.)

It was so fun, though, and I highly recommend it!

We are looking forward to seeing what the property looks like during daylight!

When I did I was sailing on the Princess 50th Anniversary and it had an unusual 2 day stop in Puerto Vallarta. I thought it was a fantastic show and dinner. Was looking forward to visiting during the day but my stop this Dec is on Christmas Day and it looks like that is maybe the only day of the year the island is closed. :(