Amber Cove questions

Chess46

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I will be cruising to Amber cove in November. This is his first cruise and I really want to make sure he has a good time. Is the water park with the zip line in port or do you need to get a taxi to take you there? Would anyone recommend any excursions? He's not a sit by the beach type of guy. He will want to explore. Can you walk around on your own or are there restricted areas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I will be cruising to Amber cove in November. This is his first cruise and I really want to make sure he has a good time. Is the water park with the zip line in port or do you need to get a taxi to take you there? Would anyone recommend any excursions? He's not a sit by the beach type of guy. He will want to explore. Can you walk around on your own or are there restricted areas?

Thanks in advance!

So I haven't yet been to Amber Cove, but have researched a lot. If your boyfriend would want to "explore" then staying at the port, even for ziplining, would not be your best bet. My suggestion would be to explore some excursions and get out of the port. As I understand it, it's not an "explore" on foot, by walking out of the port, kind of place.

• 2 weeks later...

From my research there is a zip line in the cruise center of Amber Cove. It doesn't look too exciting. Keep in mind, Amber Cove is a man-made cruise port. It is owned by Carnival Corporation. If your boyfriend likes to explore you will have to get a tour into Puerto Plata or a taxi ride. It isn't within walking distance. There are some tour recommendations on this forum. I have also been looking on Trip Advisor so you might want to check that out as well.