Tahiti: WHich Motu at Bora Bora

dandee2

Days are going fast and spring birds are returning the backyard feeder (finally). Getting real excited for our summer vacation.:DWe are on the July 20th Tahiti sailing and we are wondering which Motu is Windstar's using for their "Celebration Festival"? Also, we understand it is in the evening but is it on the First day or the second day. It gets dark at 17h41, so it could be either as the ship leaves at 21h on the second day.

My spouse and I would like to go to Bloody Mary (I know, very touristy) and wondering if we should go for lunch (first or second day) or dinner.And were does Wind Spirit anchored for the day? Do the tender runs all day to the local pier?

Thanks, Merci, Gracias !

• 1 month later...

We're taking this cruise in November and here's what I've found out from asking around on different forums: The motu they use for the Bora Bora evening event is Motu Tapu. It is the second evening on Bora Bora and several people who have done the cruise said the ship had the island reserved for the entire day and tendered passengers back and forth throughout the day, not just for the evening event. With that in mind, I'd suggest scheduling your excursion to Bloody Mary's for the previous day. Tenders go to the tender pier in Vaitape all day both days, as far as I know. You can take a taxi from there to Bloody Mary's (and Matira Beach, which is a little farther south).