Rorario Trio

tring

When we were on board Braemar in Nov/Dec there was no Rosario Trio. The Cruise Director told us that they had come to the end of a contract and they were trialling the ship without them. We got the impression that they will only be brought back if people ask for them. The Braemar lounge had no entertainers and so was not as pleasant as it was previously with the quiet lounge music provided by the trio.

Do the other ships still have Rosario Trios? The one on Black Watch last summer was particularly good.

Edited by tring

There was a Rosario Trio playing in the chocolate/library bar on the Balmoral during our five week cruise in the autumn. Lots of people seemed to like them but we, and many others, thought they were pretty dire. On our first night on board we bumped into friends whom we hadn't seen for some years and began chatting to them. It didn't go down well with the audience and some passengers complained to a member of staff who asked us to leave. We did of course but reported her to the cruise director reception who told us she was completely out of order as there are no quiet areas on the ship. We later met up with the cruise director who said the staff would be re-trained and the Rosario Trio moved. To be fair, they were moved within a couple of days and the chocolate lounge soon became a more lively place where people could engage in conversation without being harassed. I don't think the Rosario Trio served any purpose so I'm pleased they have been discontinued.

We are on Balmoral next week and I shall be extremely disappointed if the Rosario trio are not included in the entertainment. I agree some trios are better than others and to be placed in a "walk through" area is not the best area for them to play. Previously on the Balmoral they played requests on deck late evening and it was one of the most pleasant and enjoyable time spent on the ship. I was hoping this would be happening on my next cruise to Rio.

We were on Black Watch over Christmas and New Year, and there was a Rosario Trio onboard. We didn't think they were the best we'd ever heard, but it is quite nice to have background music in the bars so I would be sad it they don't get their contracts renewed.