Anyone Know What's Up with NCL Spirit in May 2017?

Isn't the Spirit supposed to go into dry dock early next year like January or February? We are trying to find out what's up in the month of May. We are currently booked on the 14 day Eastern Mediterranean and Holy Land cruise in May 2017 out of Venice. Yesterday on my NCL account everything looked fine. Today when I go into my account the ship name and itinerary are no longer listed. When I go in to do a mock booking, all 3 cruises on the Spirit in May 2017 are now no longer listed on NCL's website!

When I called NCL the rep I spoke to stated there is no notice of it being cancelled (we were told the exact same thing a few months ago right before they cancelled our Mexican Riviera cruise after those were no longer listed on the website either so I'm leery about this now).

Please NCL, don't tell me you are going to cancel a second cruise on us within the last 3 months ? :rolleyes:

We booked the June 8th Grand Mediterranean cruise on the Spirit last week. Yesterday I noticed it wasn't available for booking on the web site. This morning I called and was told it was sold out.

This afternoon I looked further and found it isn't available for booking May through October.

I called guest relations and didn't get a better answer.

We booked the June 8th Grand Mediterranean cruise on the Spirit last week. Yesterday I noticed it wasn't available for booking on the web site. This morning I called and was told it was sold out.

This afternoon I looked further and found it isn't available for booking May through October.

I called guest relations and didn't get a better answer.

I just checked my NCL and cruise we were booked on spirit for August 2017 also Dissapered. I know we are still far away from it to start worrying about it. My DH thinks they might be changing ships next summer and didn't update their system yet. I guess only time will tell.

I checked again this afternoon and pressed the rep for a better answer. She asked a supervisor to check in depth. They said they are in the process of reassigning ports for that period. With further questioning they thought Turkey was being removed as a port of call. The rep I worked with said she thought we would get an email when they finish the reassignment.

Thank you both for the information. I was starting to wonder (actually more like hoping) that it was just going to be an itinerary change instead of an outright cancellation. Maybe I'm just being paranoid since NCL has already cancelled one cruise on us already just a few months ago.

It would make sense given the unrest in parts of Turkey that would be a potential reason to change the itinerary. We loved visiting Kusadasi, Turkey (and going to Ephesus was one of the most memorable days of our lives) on our last Mediterranean cruise. This cruise for us was going to be Alanya, Turkey so that would be a new port for us.

Guess we just have to stay tuned. :confused:

Thanks for the information. We have not received an email yet. Ours was not a Grand Med cruise, but an Eastern Med and Holy Land so I guess we will just wait and see if our itinerary will change as radically as it did for others. Hopefully not as we are really looking forward to visiting all new ports (other than Venice). If they change it to several ports we have already been to we will be cancelling as well. :(

Got an email they have radically changed all the itineraries. I am canceling and looking elsewhere

Our itinerary has been drastically changed as well. we're trying to decide what to do, several of the places we wanted to see are off the schedule now.

Yep, we just got our cancellation notice from NCL today. What a bummer! And this is the second cruise NCL has cancelled on us in the last 3 months. What are the odds?

Our itinerary was drastically changed also. I realize they were removing Turkey from the itineraries but I guess I didn't realize how drastically the rest of the itinerary would be changed. We are very disappointed especially about missing Israel, Montenegro and Croatia.

We will rebook on the May 4-18, 2017 sailing. We have been wanting to go to Barcelona so now we can. Also really looking forward to visiting Athens and Rome. Even though our itinerary was radically changed, the only place we have been to on this new itinerary is Santorini. So all other places will be new to us. Will stay in Rome a couple nights after the cruise so we can celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary since the cruise will be ending one day before our anniversary (another bummer). We are going to try and make the best of this drastic itinerary change. We will still be on a 2 week cruise visiting beautiful places.

Good luck to everyone getting their plans changed.

• 2 months later...

Hi..I am Maltese and I have booked a cruise on the Spirit from 17 till 27 July 2017, with embarkation from Malta. For your info, the Spirit will be sailing the Mediterranean between June till October 2017, as our brochure states.;)

• 2 months later...