Breakaway Butler

darlene62

I'm exhausted so I didn't research the rules first. My mother and I went on the breakaway on 5/22. I surprised her with a Haven Spa Suite. It was her first Caribbean cruise and the first "long" vacation since losing my dad a few years ago. She had cancer and had special needs. Our butler Gian took such amazing care of her and treated her like the queen she is. They quickly formed a bond and he gave her his email address upon her demanding request. When she came home she was repeatedly hospitalized, she was unable to email him. She frequently commented to us and friends on how wonderful Gian was to her. She left us to be with my dad tonight. Because this was a special time for her and she was so grateful for his care.....its heavily on my mind to thank him. My mom gave me an incomplete email addy for him and when I tried to email him tonight it came back undelivered. If anyone has a suggestion on how I can convey my thanks to him I would very much appreciate it. I know she would want me to do that.

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss, Darlene. It is wonderful that you had this trip with your precious Mom and that Gian went out of his way to make sure her trip was comfortable and special. While I don't know officially how you could get in touch with him, I am sure that somebody here cruising on the Breakaway in the next week or so would be happy to seek him out for you. My next cruise on the Breakaway is not until November 27th or I would be happy to do it for you! Hopefully somebody can do it before then.

I know exactly how you feel. When I lost my mom, one of my first thoughts was how to thank the people (nurses, neighbors, etc.) that were especially kind to her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this sad time.

Edited by pcakes122

I am so sorry for your loss, Darlene. It is wonderful that you had this trip with your precious Mom and that Gian went out of his way to make sure her trip was comfortable and special. While I don't know officially how you could get in touch with him, I am sure that somebody here cruising on the Breakaway in the next week or so would be happy to seek him out for you. My next cruise on the Breakaway is not until November 27th or I would be happy to do it for you! Hopefully somebody can do it before then.

I know exactly how you feel. When I lost my mom, one of my first thoughts was how to thank the people (nurses, neighbors, etc.) that were especially kind to her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this sad time.

I understand exactly how you feel.

Mum left us last year very suddenly to be with Dad

I suggest you e mail NCL directly and they will no doubt pass the e mail to the gentleman concerned. If he is still on the ship you could e mail the Concierge con56@ncl.com (It may worth checking with NCL that 56 is the correct designation for the Breakaway).

Good luck and always cherish this vacation with mum.

The only thing I can think of is the contact info I got when booking the Breakaway Haven:

Connie Gonzalez | Concierge Desk 1-855-625-4283 | Ext: 25337

sxgonzalez@ncl.com | http://www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line 7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

She's the one I made my room requests to so she has contact to someone on the Breakaway. Maybe she can somehow contact Gian for you?

I'm exhausted so I didn't research the rules first. My mother and I went on the breakaway on 5/22. I surprised her with a Haven Spa Suite. It was her first Caribbean cruise and the first "long" vacation since losing my dad a few years ago. She had cancer and had special needs. Our butler Gian took such amazing care of her and treated her like the queen she is. They quickly formed a bond and he gave her his email address upon her demanding request. When she came home she was repeatedly hospitalized, she was unable to email him. She frequently commented to us and friends on how wonderful Gian was to her. She left us to be with my dad tonight. Because this was a special time for her and she was so grateful for his care.....its heavily on my mind to thank him. My mom gave me an incomplete email addy for him and when I tried to email him tonight it came back undelivered. If anyone has a suggestion on how I can convey my thanks to him I would very much appreciate it. I know she would want me to do that.

Thanks

I contacted a butler on NCL and he passed this message on to Gian. Sorry for your loss, it must be very difficult for you. But I'm glad you have such a nice memory of your Mom enjoying a vacation with you despite her illness. Peace to you.

I contacted a butler on NCL and he passed this message on to Gian. Sorry for your loss, it must be very difficult for you. But I'm glad you have such a nice memory of your Mom enjoying a vacation with you despite her illness. Peace to you.

OMG thank you so much..this means the world to me that he knows how happy he made her. While her passing eventually was expected it was a complete shock that it happened within hours yesterday, she was on track to come home. When I got off the ship I had sent emails and surveys to NCL regarding both Gian and our awesome room Stewart Geng but never received any acknowledgment. But lack of acknowledgement is a topic I would like to peruse another day. I need to know the special ones are appreciated by ncl.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently on the Breakaway and Gian is my butler. I showed him your post and told him he was very much liked by the people here on cruise critic.

He got emotional about your post and asked that I pass along his email address to you.

If you want to email me, I'll send you his email.

Rachelr1980@yahoo.com

Hope this helps

I'm currently on the Breakaway and Gian is my butler. I showed him your post and told him he was very much liked by the people here on cruise critic.

He got emotional about your post and asked that I pass along his email address to you.

If you want to email me, I'll send you his email.

Rachelr1980@yahoo.com

Hope this helps

Omg yes please...I just sent an email to you. Thank you so much for thinking of my post and passing it on to him.