Families of 4 in an Aurea Suite

Spastica

Can anyone who has travelled as a family of 4 tell me what the bed situation is like? Our suite description says 3rd and 4th passengers accommodated on a sofa bed. When it is pulled out it looks like it would end up partially underneath the desk!

Anyone able to comment on this? Can the person sleeping on the far side get out of bed to use the toilet without climbing over their bedmate? 2 teenaged kids (brother/sister) I am terrified of world war 3 breaking out!:o

It will depend on if you have one of the great corner suites or if you have one of the middle forward facing ones. The middle ones are definitely smaller and one single room, so the space will be very limited. The corner suite has a separate bedroom which leaves the sofa plenty of space to fold out and lots of walking space. I was going to share pictures, but Photobucket has decided to charge a ransom in order to post pictures saved on their site.

Seaview. I know it's not out yet but aren't the balcony rooms on Meriviglia and Divina configured similarly?

No - 2 different class ships and nothing like each other.

Seaview is Seaside's sister ship which isn't built yet. Nobody knows what the suites are like, yet.

When I look at the balcony suite floorplan on the Meriviglia it appears to be the exact same layout as the balcony suite on the Seaview which is why I asked. I realize it's a different ship but I am worried about space for the 4 of us and I will be paying my final balance prior to the first cruises on the ship.

I will have to trust that MSC won't have booked us if we won't fit.

Are you asking about an Aurea Grand Suite, suites on deck 9 (if they are the same as the Seaside), or the Aft Suites? I guess the answer will depend on which Aurea suite that you are booked in as they are all considered Aurea Suites.

Aft, sorry.

The floorplan on the website just makes it looked so squished and I can't imagine that the couch pulls out fully without half of it being under the desk lol.

The reason I asked is that I'm booked Aft on the Seaside with 4 people also. I believe the floor plans are for the deck 9 suites and not the cabins withe Aft view which have a different configuration. No one has seen a floorplan of the Aft suites yet as MSC will not release it for some reason. Although, from the deck plan, it does look wider but no one is even sure where the sofa is located in these rooms.

I'm not sailing until June of next year. I know there are a few others booked in the same room here that are sailing earlier and promised to post pics. But, I'm seriously thinking about switching to YC or a Whirlpool suite because, like you, I'm seriously worried about the space for 4 people. I have 2 teenagers and I don't know if the headache is worth it even though I think the Aft cabin will be great.

Yes!

Although we got such a great deal when we booked and now same sailing is almost $1,000.00 more for the whirlpool suite.

My son suggested he would sleep on the balcony lol. If the room is big enough we may just end up bringing a single blow-up bed and sheets for him anyways.

Hi. So pleased to read this thread. I have exactly the same concern as I just booked for my family (19persons in all) on the Fantasia. In one of the cabins I planned for 4 young adults to stay. They are 4 young men all cousins, so for sure it’s going to be a busy cabin. But I worry about the sleeping comfort and have raised this to my TA. I will be sure to share his recommendation with you :-)

• 5 months later...

Hi. I’ve not read all the other replies but we sailed meraviglia with 4 in a balcony room and the “double sofa bed” did in fact make two enormous bunk beds...they were big enough and comfy enough for an adult to sleep in. Therefor didn’t take any floor space up. They were made up all the time so we didn’t have a sofa in our cabin, but we used the balcony for sitting anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums