Arcadia Sun Deck Mini Suite S2

Delilah21

We are booked for the 24 day trip on Arcadia on 25th November to the Caribbean. We thought we might upgrade from a Balcony cabin to a Mini Suite and are told that the only one available is S2 which is on the Sun Deck. Has anyone ever had this mini suite? If so could you please tell me the pros and cons. It seems to be large but seems to only have a shower and we would also like to know what the soundproofing is like. Many thanks in advance

We are booked for the 24 day trip on Arcadia on 25th November to the Caribbean. We thought we might upgrade from a Balcony cabin to a Mini Suite and are told that the only one available is S2 which is on the Sun Deck. Has anyone ever had this mini suite? If so could you please tell me the pros and cons. It seems to be large but seems to only have a shower and we would also like to know what the soundproofing is like. Many thanks in advance

Yes we have had it and loved it tons and tons.

It is not just large it is HUGE. The space between beds and sofa is lots.

It does only have a shower..and I am a bath person. Only found out about the shower only after we had paid final payment. I moaned...but pando kept me happy and I ended up not missing the bath too much.

Balcony is long and thin,with loungers,chairs,big table on it. No overhang above if its sunny ,will be very sunny on there. Could get a little breezy sometimes. You cannot be overlooked by the deck above.

Position, well it is near the crows nest, but we heard nothing from there whatsoever.

Sometimes OH heard people by the lifts..not the lifts themselves,just the people.

Other than that no noise at all.

It is the only cabin I have ever had where I haven't got lost trying to find it!!!!!!

Washing line in shower and hooks behind door are there as I moaned about not having same.

We would book it again in a heartbeat.

I think I read last year sometime of someone coming out of there in his undercrackers and slamming a door shut. Lovely picture, as I said we heard nothing from the CN.

I would say go for it. Space space and more space.

Thank you. That is extremely helpful. I have also read your review of the cabin and the photographs. Would you say that the balcony for this mini suite was more narrow than the 'usual' width of a balcony cabin on Arcadia?

Thank you. That is extremely helpful. I have also read your review of the cabin and the photographs. Would you say that the balcony for this mini suite was more narrow than the 'usual' width of a balcony cabin on Arcadia?

Possibly, but not by much

What I would say though is the balcony is cantilevered out from the ship.(it sticks out). You are a very very long way up, and there is nothing underneath you.

As the balcony was so long we could sit a long long long away from each other.

I have no head for heights at all, but I was ok with it.

For us it was the space in the cabin that did it for us. Please let us know if you decide to go for it, and if you do, what you thought of it...obviously as we loved it so much I am somewhat biased.

B111. That is what I was originally told but there were a couple left on B deck of a higher grade but of course more expensive. We had B82 in May this year and it was excellent. B111 is larger 480 square feet so we thought we would go for it on a 24 day cruise you need some space!

• 1 month later...

Hi Delilah21

We are on the same cruise as you (25th Nov to the Caribbean) and have been upgraded from a balcony cabin to ... you've guessed it; Mini-suite S2. :)

If you'd like to meet up for a drink and perhaps a look at S2 just give us a ring and we'd please to spend some time with you.

Edited by Kent Couple

Hi Delilah21

We are on the same cruise as you (25th Nov to the Caribbean) and have been upgraded from a balcony cabin to ... you've guessed it; Mini-suite S2. :)

If you'd like to meet up fror a drink and perhaps a look at S2 just give us a ring and we'd please to spend some time with you.

Kent couple could you post on your return what you thought of s2. I think it's a Marmite room.

Hi Delilah21

If you'd like to meet up for a drink and perhaps a look at S2 just give us a ring and we'd please to spend some time with you.

Haha it's great when a plan comes together. Have a wonderful time everyone [emoji4]

Although this pocture is small, you can see where S2 is....it is at the extreme left hand end of the row of cabins overhanging the ship. Zoom in and you might be able to see that the balcony is double the legth of the others.

Enjoy!

That looks exciting :eek: Luckly I have a good head for heights and good sea legs :o

these are pix of s2.

sorry about the mess. We had only just got in there and I hadn't tidied away yet. It does give some idea of size though. 3rd pix shows how balcony hangs out

[ATTACH]369451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]369452[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]369453[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pictures. It looks great :D