Multiple Dis/Embarkation Ports

syesmar

Hi,

I am curious about a ms Rotterdam sailing in December, the Canary Islands Adventure. I see 3 options that give various choices for embarkation/disembarkation:

17 Day – Dec 2 -- Round-Trip Southampton

17 Day – Dec 3 -- Round-Trip Rotterdam

16 Day – Dec 3 – Rotterdam to Southampton

The passengers on the 17 day sailing that leave Dec 3 will disembark in Rotterdam on December 20.

I'll be purchasing air fare with frequent flyer miles and it's easier for me to fly info LHR but home from Rotterdam (i.e., 18 Day - Southampton to Rotterdam).

I asked my PCC if it was possible to embark on Dec 2 from Southampton and disembark on Dec 20 from Rotterdam, but was told "the 2 cruises could not be combined." I understand that the 18 day option is not being sold as a distinct sailing, but am curious if there's a dept at HAL that would allow you to check in on Dec 2 for a surcharge for the the 17 day departing Rotterdam Dec 3 (or check out 1 day later for the 17 day departing Dec 2), since all of these options already exist for the sailing (i.e., passengers are already embarking/disembarking on these days), just not officially in the way that I'm asking.

Can this be done? Which dept would I need to speak with?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Recommend that you send an email or call customer service directly as have seen stranger things. You may need to pay a bit extra for unused days but they can clarify:

Monday – Friday 5:00am to 7:00pm Pacific

Saturday & Sunday 6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific 1

‐877‐932‐4259 or 206‐286‐3900

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

Edited by take us away

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that your problem is that you want to extend, rather than shorten, the cruise. If HAL allows you to stay in the cabin an extra day, it is not available to sell to the passengers that would have boarded when you should have gotten off. I have never tried to do this, so I repeat that this is only a guess. I have disembarked a day early without a problem when the ship is ending with an overnight, but I have never tried to extend.

Thanks for the tips! My wish is to embark when the first passengers embark on Dec 2 and disembark with the final passengers on the 20th. The issue is they don't offer this 18 day option per se, even though there are passengers boarding and leaving these days anyway.

I'll give that number a call & see.