South Pacific from Brisbane- December 2015

Ellie D

Hi all,

I have came across this 10 Day Royal Carribean cruise, with the following itinerary:

Brisbane - Champagne Bay, Vanuatu - Vila, Vanuatu - Mystery Island, Vanuatu - Noumea, New Caledonia - Lifou, Loyalty Island - Brisbane

My boyfriend (20) and I (18) are first- time cruisers, and have also not travelled to this part of the world before.

I would love to hear from people who have travelled on this cruise before, or those who have been to the mentioned ports and what they thought of each one.

Also, as we are a young couple, do you believe that Royal Carribean and the Legend of the Seas will suit us? We were initially looking at a cruise on the Dawn Princess, but after reading countless reviews regarding the primarily older age group, we became hesitant.

Ellie

Hi all,

I have came across this 10 Day Royal Carribean cruise, with the following itinerary:

Brisbane - Champagne Bay, Vanuatu - Vila, Vanuatu - Mystery Island, Vanuatu - Noumea, New Caledonia - Lifou, Loyalty Island - Brisbane

My boyfriend (20) and I (18) are first- time cruisers, and have also not travelled to this part of the world before.

I would love to hear from people who have travelled on this cruise before, or those who have been to the mentioned ports and what they thought of each one.

Also, as we are a young couple, do you believe that Royal Carribean and the Legend of the Seas will suit us? We were initially looking at a cruise on the Dawn Princess, but after reading countless reviews regarding the primarily older age group, we became hesitant.

Ellie

Hi Ellie and welcome to Cruise Critic

Have been to all of these ports. Champagne Bay, Mystery Island and Lifou are mostly beach days. There are also tours available and there will be market stalls. Vila and Noumea are towns and are also interesting in their own ways. As for Legend being a younger age group, it is hard to say. Usually the shorter cruises (7-9 days) draw a younger age group while longer cruises suit the older/retired group. If you go to the "Australian/New Zealand Cruisers board on this site and post your question, you will get more answers.

Just a word of warning though - cruising is addictive and there is no known cure!!

Diane

Edited by lilly4350

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ellie,

I think you will be the trailblazers for this particular cruise. As I understand it, the Legend is relocating to Brisbane in November of this year and this will be one of her first cruises from the Sunshine State.

We did look at this cruise ourselves as we have two 16yr olds in tow, but decided the Voyager from Sydney was a better fit for us.

Certainly from the research I've done before booking, I suspect the Legend will be more suited for your age group, though it depends of course on how you like to have fun!

I'm sure you'll love it.

Linda

Hi Ellie

As the cruise is in Dec, you may find there will be families onboard. This could include families with older kids close to your age bracket. So I don't think you will be wanting for people to talk to.

Tania