Has anyone done the Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins Cruise Excursion with ShoreExcursioner?

BrunoN12

There will be six of us (ages 18, 19, 22, 24, 50, 51). We are looking for something relatively inexpensive to do in Progreso besides just go to the beach. Has anyone done this excursion? Thoughts? Does it leave enough time to spend a little time at the beach before heading back to the ship? Thanks for any insight.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done this excursion twice. Both times with Auto Progreso (who I bet is the company that Shore Excursioner is using). We loved it. We had about 1.5-2 hours before the tour left (we were in line to get off the ship as soon as they let us) to wander around a little. Walked to the beach and my wife got a 30 minute massage while I had a beer and a snack.

Once the tour is over you have about 45 minutes or so before you have to get back on board.

Shore Excursioner is a bigger company that contracts with local tour providers and adds on a fee. They have offerings in just about every port in the Caribbean and Islands. I have used them before, and had no problems, but I prefer to book with the local vendor whenever possible.

In this instance, Autoprogreso is a fantastic company to work with.

We're looking at this same tour through AutoProgresso for our group in July. Do I need to pre-book via their website or is it something we can walk up when we arrive and book? Thanks for any help for those of you that have taken this tour.

We're looking at this same tour through AutoProgresso for our group in July. Do I need to pre-book via their website or is it something we can walk up when we arrive and book? Thanks for any help for those of you that have taken this tour.

You can boo in advance but you can also book at the pier. The bus that will carry you down the pier is run by Autoprogreso and a representative will sell you the tour as you get off the bus. Have fun!

I have done it both ways. You can do walk up easily, but you will need payment in cash. They take US dollars.

They have representatives selling tours as in the shopping area as you get off the ship. Also, if you stay on the shuttle bus all the way to the bus station (don't get off at the beach) you can book there as well.