Butler wheelchair assist

Grandma Rambo

Hi,

We are booked on our first MSC cruise on the Seaside with Yacht Club Experience. I've been reading all the posts and we are getting more and more excited about what sounds like an awesome cruise. We are experienced cruisers with about 30 cruises so far, mostly on Celebrity.

I have some issues with walking more than short distances. At airports and cruise terminals I generally have them bring a wheelchair since it's too far to walk for me. We're sailing out of Miami. Is the path to the Yacht Club a long walk? If so, will the butler push me? My husband uses a cane and manages our carry on luggage.

I appreciate any feedback you can provide. I've searched and cannot find this particular question.

Many thanks,

Jennie

There'll be no problem getting assistance from the butlers - they are incredibly helpful. They'll probably insist on taking the hand luggage from your husband, too. Their job is to spoil you rotten and they take their job very seriously (well, most of them, anyway!)

I'm afraid I can't answer the question about how far it is to the YC tent in Miami as I've never embarked there.

Make sure you get dropped off at the YC tent whether you come by cab, shuttle or limo. At the YC tent ask for a wheelchair assist. The butlers At the YC tent are different than the shipboard ones. There are special people who handle the wheelchairs on MSC. The butler might assist you in a small area otherwise the concierge will get you a wheelchair assist. Hope this makes sense and helps answer your question

Thank you for the replies. I was concerned because of a video someone posted of their YC checkin. It seemed like they walked through a good deal of the ship before reaching their destination. Next April seems so far away.

Again, thank you very much.

Jennie