Yacht Club with Kids Questions

jacksonx

We are going on the Divina next Saturday with 4 and 6 year olds, and were wondering what the children experience is like.

When we were on the NCL Haven, it had in-room movies for free, which were good entertainment at night. My understanding is that the Yacht Club does NOT include this; are there movies that the Buttler can bring (DVD's, etc?) for our kids to watch at night?

From the MSC literature, it appears as though they will bring a Wii console to your room to play; do they still give you a Wii, or do they have a newer console to play? (Wii U, Switch, etc?)

Can you get snacks in the room? Our Butler in the Haven used to leave us M&M's and Gummy Bears every night; do they do this sort of thing on the Yacht Club?

From some of the other posts, it sounds as though the Kids Club on the Divina is good, but you have to go to a noisy, busy place to queue up to get your child registered the first day; will the Yacht Club help with this process, or do we have to leave YC to go to a different portion of the ship and wait in line to do this?

From the brochure, it sounds as though there are kids cooking classes, but I don't see much about this, either; my 6-year-old is very interested in doing this; has anyone had any experience with this, or know how we sign up for this? (Is it separate from the regular kids club?)

Thanks

I am sure others will pitch in for a comprehensive answer. As far as the WII is concerned: we have never seen one - maybe they bring it if you ask for it specifically. there is no dvd player in the room and most of the movies are pay per view and quite expensive at that. snacks: there are always m&m's (different brand but still tasty) and other snacks in the minibar. no sweets but a chocolate on the pillow every night, macarons once, strawberries once per cruise. I am sure your butler will be happy to bring the kids anything they want from the top sail lounge buffet. there are pastries and truffles and little cakes etc. (of course you can bring them yourself too). my kids did not yet partake in the cooking classes but I read that they do not really cook. it is more a demonstration where the kids get a lttle pizza pattie and are allowed to throw around flowr... but again. I hope s.o. who experienced this can pitch in... (real cooking would be difficult with the HUUUUGE amount of kids they have to take care of). my kids never stayed in the kids club because of the amount of children and the noise.

in my very personal opinion Yacht club is not a kid friendly zone. you have to keep in mind that passengers pay a lot of money to have peace and quiet, so one has to make sure the kids do not disrupt that. we made sure ours behaved and they still had a very good time but as there is not a lot of entertainment for them either the kids have to find their own fun or you will have to entertain them [emoji5]

i am certain that you and your kids will have a wonderful cruise.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

This is my daughter's 3rd cruise in the equivalent of the Yacht Club (previously Celebrity Penthouse and NCL Haven ). As a family we intend for her to have as much fun with the other Yacht Club kids as she likes - after all we have payed a considerable sum for the pleasure we are in YC3. As a YC Guest my child will have all of the services we have paid for. As we are travelling in the school holidays there will I am sure be plenty of other children (there always is) in the YC (or equiv) for her to have a ball with. We don't want to be fighting hordes in the main pool, the YC Kids in the YC pool will be just up our street (few other families and kids will be just great). The way I look at it we have paid for the pleasure of having everything we (or my child wants! -including great fun in the YC pool)!

YC is not a singles or couples only retreat. I do hope folks remember that when they book or they will be somewhat disappointed (especially during the summer hols period whilst the little darlings are having a ball).

I would advise folks ( I do not want to invite trolls though) if they are somewhat allergic to children to cruise on other lines (those that cater for Adults only). MSC & its YC is not one of those.

I am sure others will pitch in for a comprehensive answer. As far as the WII is concerned: we have never seen one - maybe they bring it if you ask for it specifically. there is no dvd player in the room and most of the movies are pay per view and quite expensive at that. snacks: there are always m&m's (different brand but still tasty) and other snacks in the minibar. no sweets but a chocolate on the pillow every night, macarons once, strawberries once per cruise. I am sure your butler will be happy to bring the kids anything they want from the top sail lounge buffet. there are pastries and truffles and little cakes etc. (of course you can bring them yourself too). my kids did not yet partake in the cooking classes but I read that they do not really cook. it is more a demonstration where the kids get a lttle pizza pattie and are allowed to throw around flowr... but again. I hope s.o. who experienced this can pitch in... (real cooking would be difficult with the HUUUUGE amount of kids they have to take care of). my kids never stayed in the kids club because of the amount of children and the noise.

in my very personal opinion Yacht club is not a kid friendly zone. you have to keep in mind that passengers pay a lot of money to have peace and quiet, so one has to make sure the kids do not disrupt that. we made sure ours behaved and they still had a very good time but as there is not a lot of entertainment for them either the kids have to find their own fun or you will have to entertain them [emoji5]

i am certain that you and your kids will have a wonderful cruise.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi there, I watched some video's of the Kids club and the activities look great ( it did show a flour fight that was very cool!).

One thing that worried me a little about the overall arrangements though was the form you sign before sailing (Kids Club application form).

This suggests that you can allow kids to check themselves in and out (we have said no to that).

Also it suggests that they allow the children to travel around the ship unsupervised at times (I have also said no to that)

It also asked if the child can swim unsupervised in the Adult pool (seemed strange thing to ask - I also said no to that).

I am sure I must be being a bit OTT but these options were a little eyebrow raising to me as I'd expect full supervision at all times.

We are going on the Divina next Saturday with 4 and 6 year olds, and were wondering what the children experience is like.

When we were on the NCL Haven, it had in-room movies for free, which were good entertainment at night. My understanding is that the Yacht Club does NOT include this; are there movies that the Buttler can bring (DVD's, etc?) for our kids to watch at night?

From the MSC literature, it appears as though they will bring a Wii console to your room to play; do they still give you a Wii, or do they have a newer console to play? (Wii U, Switch, etc?)

Can you get snacks in the room? Our Butler in the Haven used to leave us M&M's and Gummy Bears every night; do they do this sort of thing on the Yacht Club?

From some of the other posts, it sounds as though the Kids Club on the Divina is good, but you have to go to a noisy, busy place to queue up to get your child registered the first day; will the Yacht Club help with this process, or do we have to leave YC to go to a different portion of the ship and wait in line to do this?

From the brochure, it sounds as though there are kids cooking classes, but I don't see much about this, either; my 6-year-old is very interested in doing this; has anyone had any experience with this, or know how we sign up for this? (Is it separate from the regular kids club?)

Thanks

My daughter was 6 when she first sailed in the YC. She loved it. We have done it twice and I would say that about 10-15% of YC passengers are kids. Although the number never seems that high. Having our own pool is great and the kids will love the individual attention.

There was a Wii available both sailing but we never used it. We never watched any movies. Our daughter loved the kids club but the registration process was somewhat of a pain. The kids club is not open the first night. The kids cooking class is a misnomer. The kids are not actually cooking. It was cute the first time but my daughter did not want to do it again.

The one thing that I enjoyed is my daughter made friends with other kids in the YC from all over the world. It didn't matter if they spoke the same language.

Those numbers sounds perfect.

There is so much to see and do.

I suspect my daughter won't like the kids club too much (if it is too child like) and will prefer to have her own pool and a few friends to enjoy it with.

One of the reasons we have taken her cruising is to expand her education, visit parts of the world she studies at school and to practice language skills with other children from other cultures. It is a great if short taster of the wider world.

One great excursion we have all signed up for is "Gladiator School" in Rome. It looks fab - there is a video in Viator showing what we have in store - a mix of role play and Gladiator museum!

My daughter was 6 when she first sailed in the YC. She loved it. We have done it twice and I would say that about 10-15% of YC passengers are kids. Although the number never seems that high. Having our own pool is great and the kids will love the individual attention.

There was a Wii available both sailing but we never used it. We never watched any movies. Our daughter loved the kids club but the registration process was somewhat of a pain. The kids club is not open the first night. The kids cooking class is a misnomer. The kids are not actually cooking. It was cute the first time but my daughter did not want to do it again.

The one thing that I enjoyed is my daughter made friends with other kids in the YC from all over the world. It didn't matter if they spoke the same language.