First Seabourn Cruise!

Westiesheepie

Just booked Oct 22nd Odyssey sailing Greek Isles. I haven't cruised in about ten years. Previously been on eight cruises when my kids were young, on Princess, Celebrity and their favorite Royal Caribbean. I imagine mass market cruising has changed a lot since our last cruise. Would appreciate any tips or advice on This ship and itinerary. We are two girlfriends in our 50s, imagine most people on the ship are couples.

Westiesheepie,

If this is your first Seabourn then go to the Referral Voucher post and get someone to send you a voucher for 400 dollars OBC.

I am sure you will have a fabulous cruise, it does not matter if you are a couple you will find that there will be plenty of passengers who are either single or two ladies. Just opt for a hosted table in the MDR they can be such fun and you get to know more people.

We did a lot of cruising with Royal Caribbean before switching to Seabourn. RC is a very different beast these days, you need to book in advance, buy this or that package, beat the queues at every step and fight for your life to secure a lounger anywhere on deck.

Seabourn is a different world. No fighting for anything, wonderful staff who genuinely want to make your stay onboard as pleasant as possible. Your cabin or suite as Seabourn like to refer to them will be twice the size of R! celebrity & so on. There is more space on board around the ship. Any problems pop along to Seabourn Square and the guys will sort things out.

The best part though are your fellow guests. Large enough to meet a diverse range of individuals, small enough that you bump into them regularly.

Then there's the entertainment. Along with the food the icing on the cake.

The decor is in keeping with what you would expect on RC or Celebrity and the ships feel new.

Have fun & enjoy.

Henry :)

We disembark the day you start your cruise, thats a shame! You can look forward to being spoiled rotten and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Its worth bearing in mind that if you don't like the wine offered with your meal you can ask to have something else - there is always a choice. Also, the choice at lunchtime is huge - as well as the buffet, there are always specials on the blackboard - which I always used to forget about. Enjoy!

I've only cruised with other female friends (and also my mom who also counts in the female friend category). Folks have been nothing but friendly.

I've only encountered one odd person - a lady who kept trying to figure out if my friend and I were "together" by continuing to make innuendos and/or references to people she knew to see if she might be able to get us to tell her whether we were a couple or not without coming straight out and asking ("not" would be the answer).

I embark just as you disembark - otherwise would have loved to join you for a drink.