River Tubing ?????

Fragile-Beauty

I have read many good things about river tubing with Antours in Dominica. However, I grew up in Louisiana and our rivers are full of snakes. I am afraid of snakes and wonder if anyone who has taken this river tubing tour has seen snakes while tubing? Thanks for any help

While we did not use that specific tour company, we did a river tubing "adventure". No snakes for us!! How did things work? Below is some photo evidence. Added questions? Also, check out the link for more visuals, ideas and options for Dominica.

For “Dominica Love: Our Experience, Pictures”, check out this posting:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2253384

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 45,349 views for these postings.

After being on very dry and river-less islands in the Dutch ABC's, we got to enjoy river fun yesterday in Dominica. Maybe I have too many pictures here to share, but it was nice to see some the wonderful trees, mountains, etc. No, I did not take my good Nikon D7100 camera on this trip. Had a Nikon water and shock-proof model that worked very well . . . and survived. I was the first to tumble out of my yellow tube and get stranded in this wild and rocky river. For the sixteen of us, there were four very agile staff members to help us, keep us from serious injury, etc. Yes, we needed these protective helmets and vests.:

DominicaA13_zpsqylv9xck.jpg

DominicaA15_zpsi4cjrmxi.jpg

DominicaA17_zpsfk5qcktt.jpg

DominicaA16_zpsmfdgxgcx.jpg

DominicaA24_zps3hozhtmj.jpg

DominicaA21_zpsdyjgvzb4.jpg

Wow, thanks for the pictures, looks very fun.

Appreciate the nice follow-up from this Texas "neighbor" in the Ft. Worth-Dallas area. Yes, it was fun!! BUT, make sure you are wearing the head gear. You'll get "flipped" around a good bit and those stones in the river are smooth and HARD!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 160,553 views for this posting.

Appreciate the nice follow-up from this Texas "neighbor" in the Ft. Worth-Dallas area. Yes, it was fun!! BUT, make sure you are wearing the head gear. You'll get "flipped" around a good bit and those stones in the river are smooth and HARD!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 160,553 views for this posting.

Which river were you on? Our choice is Layou river or Pagau river. Not sure which to select.

Are the tubes open or are they closed in the middle?

travelite: Which river were you on? Our choice is Layou river or Pagau river. Not sure which to select.

Appreciate these two good follow-up questions. Below is a picture that answers (and shows) how our tube was designed. There is a "hole" in the middle' date=' but it is not too large like a regular tire tube that you would be falling through it.

On the specific river, I am not totally sure of its name for the one we used. Sorry! BUT, you might want to check on the travel distance difference between these two river locations/options. The roads in Dominica are not all the "best". The longer the drive, the more time "wasted" getting there and back. Don't know which river is more scenic, etc. Hope this helps.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 205,445 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are two added pictures from our river tubing experience in Dominica that I had not previously posted. First shows some of our assisting crew and the size/look/design for the tubes that we used. Second is another angle/view for part of the river we navigated along. Nice mountain-like "drama" along this location of the river!!??:

Nov2016TravelA%20018_zpsn9pgmron.jpg

Nov2016TravelA%20019_zps7ijykn6s.jpg

• 1 month later...
What was the company u went with or do u have the website? I love your pictures.

Appreciate these kind comments and your great question. Glad to hear that you like good pictures.

Our river tube adventure was through a ship-arranged excursion. So I am not exactly sure on their name, contacts, etc. BUT, in one of the pictures that I posted, you can see the name of "Fun Sun". When I Googled, there appears to be a company by that there. Below is their e-mail. I shoot them a note and see what they say. Good luck!!

funsuninc@cwdom.dm

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 25.434 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.