Silver Explorer Current Itinerary (10/3/16)

Otis

I just watched Explorer pull into Manhattan, docked next to the Whisper. Does anyone

know what the current itinerary is for Explorer? I can't seem to find out where it is coming from/going to but I'm sure many of you can do this easily. TIA.

In August we cruised on Silver Explorer from Iceland to Greenland, disembarking in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland on August 22. Explorer had one more cruise up the west coast of Greenland (Kangerlussuaq-Kangerlussuaq) then was crossing to eastern Canada and disembarking St John Newfoundland.

I assume Explorer has sailed down the east coast Canada and USA to Manhattan yesterday. What a contrast to Greenland!

The SS website does not show active (current) itineraries, only future ones. I see it's due to start out 10/23 in Colon, for a Panama Canal transit that ends in Guayaguil, but the SS site does not show where it is scheduled to be prior to 10/23.

I also looked at the NYC port's website for a scheduel, and I only see Silver Whisper listed there for 10/3. Is the ship making an empty run down the East Coast? Sometimes Explorer does that, to reposition. The fact that you saw it, but NYC is not listed as a scheduled stop, makes me wonder if that is the case.

The website cruisshipposition.com shows that she left NY early this morning, is at sea today, and is due to arrive in Baltimore tomorrow AM at 6:30. None of the tracking sites lists an official itinerary before the 10/23 sailing.

Based on all of this, I do wonder if it is just repositioning.

Edited to add: This website (http://www.deluxecruises.com/silversea/silver_explorer/cruises-2016/calendar.htm) shows no cruises scheduled between 9/21 and 10/23. But there is a gap in the itineraries (7620, then 7624, no 7621,2,3). Another possibility is that she's on a charter, I guess.

Edited by jpalbny

Thank you both. A charter (or a few back to back) or some maintenance is all I could come up with. I use the NY Port website which, as noted above, did not show the Explorer coming in...I recognized it from our trip to Antarctica, so seeing it on the Hudson River was quite a surprise.

The NY Port website does not show a ship in port today, but the Carnival Pride is there in all its

massive glory.

OK I can assist here !!! we were scheduled to depart Nassau on Oct 12 for a 12 day cruise to Cuba ending in Colon on Oct 24. This is a charter to Cruiseco (Australia) for a combined cruise/tour. Due to the hurricane the start has been postponed until Oct 14 - the Explorer seems to be en-route now so I guess the new departure date is locked in. However SS have cut the cruise short by 2 days at the beginning (obviously) and 1 at the end as it now spends 24 hours in Colon (previously not scheduled) - many ports of call have been eliminated (these were in Cuba so I presume this is due to the hurricane impact). We're currently "stuck" in Nassau waiting ..... so far word from our TA is NO refund (even partial) will be forthcoming.