Azamara Journey : Hamilton Island and Thursday Island tender ashore location.

alfredo1

I can help from last year and I am sure it is the same this year.

Thursday Island you come ashore into what is the main marina. I use the word marina loosely it's where small boats heading off on trips arrive. You cross the road up one block and the main shopping street is there. It is a very undeveloped place however local information people were on the pier and very happy to help.

Hamilton Island again you came into a larger marina, to your immediate right was the bus stop which was the free shuttle to take you up to the top of the hill and over to the other side of the island. People also were getting golf carts they had booked there (pre booking was essential). If you are looking at a map to give you a reference point the post office was opposite and to the right of the tender disembarkation point.

In both islands no taxis were around, Hamilton Island it's all carts. However lots of very helpful local tourist volunteers. Thursday Island there is not a lot to do and see so preplanning something like a cruise to another smaller island might be advisable. Hamilton there was enough to self occupy and you do not really need anything the ship offers because the locals kindly give you there free shuttles and lovely insightful commentaries along the way.