Rare Dream itinerary Jan 18, 2018.

katmike

Edit: sorry, meant Jan 21 in the subject

I found and booked what I think is a great itinerary for the Dream next January: Cozumel/Mahogany Bay/Grand Cayman. Seems this combination of ports on the Dream for the same cruise is very rare and a welcome change from the typical Coz/Belize/MB or Coz/Jamaica/GC. (not a real fan of Jamaica and Belize)

Also... a bit odd the there are only 2 Carnival excursions available to date for Mahogany Bay, where there are 26 for GC and 51 for Coz! I hope this isn't a bad sign that they are considering a switch to Belize. Thoughts?

Edited by katmike
Wrong date

I like those ports. I'm not particularly fond of Belize or Jamaica. I hope they offer this itinerary from other home ports.

As an aside, I visited Belize years ago and loved it. I am saddened by the change that has taken place. I'll still go there but only to sit on the pier and enjoy a really good Belikin beer.

I like those ports. I'm not particularly fond of Belize or Jamaica. I hope they offer this itinerary from other home ports.

As an aside, I visited Belize years ago and loved it. I am saddened by the change that has taken place. I'll still go there but only to sit on the pier and enjoy a really good Belikin beer.

What has changed in Belize, increase crime? It has always been a high crime area. We went on a cave tubing tour in 2006 and passed men along the roads with guns, not solders, locals. Also were told do not go outside of the fence at the pier unless on a tour.

What has changed in Belize, increase crime? It has always been a high crime area. We went on a cave tubing tour in 2006 and passed men along the roads with guns, not solders, locals. Also were told do not go outside of the fence at the pier unless on a tour.

I'm not sure of the year, perhaps 2004, but it was a relatively new port. The waters hadn't yet been polluted by tender boats. Many of the tourist stores found in every port hadn't yet had time to set up so nearly all shops in the "safe"area were local.

It was a small, welcoming town rather than an Americanized tourist town.

We didn't venture out of the recommended "safe" area and didn't encounter anyone bearing arms.

We did encounter friendly people, iguanas, and good food.

We are going on this cruise too. It will be our first cruise and we are learning so many things from members. I really hope there is no change to the ports, as Mahogany Bay is what attracted us to this cruise. But, I've learned to have fun no matter where I am. Hope to make some wonderful memories on this trip.