Pride in March

Delcocruiser

Hello, I have a 2 part question about the Pride leaving Baltimore in late March. I am looking to book for Spring Break 2018. My questions are at what point can we expect warm weather? I am thinking the first sea day will be cold/cool and then day 2 will be warm/hot. Second question is the seas. Can we expect rougher waters heading down and back? I know that mother nature has her own agenda, but asking as an average. The dates are March 24 to April 1. Thanks for all input.

We were just on the Pride April 2, 2017. For us heading south we were able to be outside but it was cool until later in the afternoon of the first full day of sailing. Based on our definition of rougher waters, we have been on 6 Pride cruises and only time I can remember having rough sea is our cruise in Jan 2014.

I'll give sort of a reverse answer of weather weirdness. We did the Pride relocation cruise from Tampa back to Baltimore. Last couple of days back to Baltimore were pretty cold..colder than we expected. I was sitting in the back of the ship drinking tea in the Lido dining...dude comes in from back of ship....has a towel around him...with snow on it!! He shouts out it's snowing!! I head out...sure enough...some snow falling....just enough to dust the loungers. Didn't last long, but it was cold. I mention this because we were located where the ship would be, day 2 after leaving Baltimore. When we hit the bay, it was really cold. There was some fanfare planned with the return of the Pride to B'more, so water boats were planned for doing a "Water Salute" to welcome the Pride back to B'more. Temps were in the 20's with a wicked wind....was bitter cold. Probably some freakesh March weather....but March can be, well March. Oh, but with all of that, seas were mostly calm until we hit the bay.

we have never traveled from there in march, but have been on the Pride 5 times from Baltimore. mostly in October, November. once in june. weather has been cool first day and last day on some cruises but not all. seas have been rougher on all than what you would expect in the Caribbean. a couple times have had very rough water. the atlantic seaboard will always be rougher any time of year, though usually not really bad unless there is a storm off the coast. she is our favorite ship and we live close to the port so I am sure we will cruise on the Pride again.

Hello, I have a 2 part question about the Pride leaving Baltimore in late March. I am looking to book for Spring Break 2018. My questions are at what point can we expect warm weather? I am thinking the first sea day will be cold/cool and then day 2 will be warm/hot. Second question is the seas. Can we expect rougher waters heading down and back? I know that mother nature has her own agenda, but asking as an average. The dates are March 24 to April 1. Thanks for all input.

I've been on the Pride in March a couple of times now (granted it was a few years ago, but I live in Baltimore so I can give some insight into the weather). During our last March Spring Break cruise- on our first day leaving port and the following sea day- it was very chilly. Pool had roof closed so people were still in it, but no water slide due to winds and temp. It didn't warm up until we had probably reached coast of Georgia/Florida- and even then warm is a subjective term (I believe it was maybe 70's at most). As far as having rough seas- our last cruise we were unable to make our Freeport day due to high winds and heavy seas, but our Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay port days were fine- warm and sunny probably in the 80's or so.

My birthday is in March- some years there has been over a foot of snow on the ground for my birthday. This past year I was wearing shorts and it was almost 80 degrees clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

March is just one of those months that is unpredictable, but I think if you go into the cruise expecting that it may be pretty chilly until you reach Florida or Bahamas you will be correct. Then if it is one of those oddball years where it's 80 degrees in Baltimore, you'll be pleasantly surprised. In either event- I'm sure you'll really enjoy the Pride. Have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the March 26 Pride cruise this year. We live about 1 1/2 hrs. from Baltimore, and that day the weather was great; it was about 45-50 degrees. I think it started getting warmer on the first sea day. We're not pool people, so just sitting on the balcony in shorts, was fine for us. I don't know about going into the pool. I think it was about 60-65 by the afternoon. Also, for us getting away from 25-35 degree snowy winters, 45-50 degrees feels almost balmy.:cool:

I don't think we hit any rough seas. To be honest, it has to be really, really rough though before I would notice. We'll be on our 6th Pride cruise in early 2018, and the other 5 (1 in Sept., 3 in Feb., and 1 in March), have all been smooth sailing except one in Feb. where we were in rough seas on our way back from Freeport for about 6 hours.

Have a nice cruise!