USA Today's Photo Gallery of the Star Breeze

stcruise

Thanks for the link!!

Much is very similar to the treatment the Pride got, the expanded veranda will be welcome, even with only 86 pax on board getting a table at the Veranda at peak lunch time wasn't always easy. Compass Rose and Yacht Club look very much like the Pride. The Show Lounge remains a space that WS hasn't quite figured out what to do with. Others disagree, but I'm still not a big fan of the cabin décor which I find very dated and worn. New fabrics and carpets help, but even the bath just feels old to me.

I think the ship looks great and certainly cabin decor is personal taste. Given that I am so in love with the sails I can not decide to try the new ships out yet.i think I will sail as long as I can and when I need to make the jump I will. Happy Sailing Susanne

I was worried that the Star Breeze would turn out to be much like the Star Pride. But as I mentioned in another post, this renovation was really extensive. I think management got the clue from all the razzing that a rushed patch job would not cut it. I am REALLY impressed withe the outcome. I can truly say I'm ready to take the plunge on a Windstar cruise. Sailing yacht or motorized, regardless -- just depends on the itinerary and the best price. :cool:

I think the ship looks great and certainly cabin decor is personal taste. Given that I am so in love with the sails I can not decide to try the new ships out yet.i think I will sail as long as I can and when I need to make the jump I will. Happy Sailing Susanne

I have to say except for the fact that there were no sails above us, the experience was 100% Windstar. I've been on many cruises where the sails pretty much only went up for 5 minutes for sailaway and then were stowed anyway.

The Pride sailaway, where they hoist a little tiny WS flag and sort of salute it is stupid and best avoided.

That is great news being 100% Windstar, we adore the company having gone 16 times, the 17th Tall Ships in August. Maybe we have been fortunate but we have never experienced the sails being only up for 5 minutes. On the trans Pacific last year we sailed without motor for 2 full days and almost into Papeete Harbor, glorious. All good! My husband is more eager to try the motor yachts, I am sure we will. Happy Sailing Susanne

That is great news being 100% Windstar, we adore the company having gone 16 times, the 17th Tall Ships in August. Maybe we have been fortunate but we have never experienced the sails being only up for 5 minutes. On the trans Pacific last year we sailed without motor for 2 full days and almost into Papeete Harbor, glorious. All good! My husband is more eager to try the motor yachts, I am sure we will. Happy Sailing Susanne

We'll be on the tall ships with you. Trying to decide what to do about Christianstad. Just book the ships tour?

Looks like a pretty exciting trip. I adore markets and Kristiansand, I always think they are the heart and soul of a community, is supposed to have one of the great fish markets, I am headed there for the crayfish which should be in season I hope. I plan to go to the old town, walk around the harbor. We are not tour people unless I make up my own which I have done in Rotterdam. My sister is doing the hike and other friends are doing the boat/bus tour. I was hoping that the ferry service was working but it seems they stop mid August. Some of my most prized travel experiences have been wait and see when I get there, so that is what I will do. Just about three months. Susanne

PS Heard only 10 cabins left.

Looks like a pretty exciting trip. I adore markets and Kristiansand, I always think they are the heart and soul of a community, is supposed to have one of the great fish markets, I am headed there for the crayfish which should be in season I hope. I plan to go to the old town, walk around the harbor. We are not tour people unless I make up my own which I have done in Rotterdam. My sister is doing the hike and other friends are doing the boat/bus tour. I was hoping that the ferry service was working but it seems they stop mid August. Some of my most prized travel experiences have been wait and see when I get there, so that is what I will do. Just about three months. Susanne

PS Heard only 10 cabins left.

Kristiansand - knew I should have looked that up! Yeah, I also found that the ferry service will have ended and didn't find any sort of rental car option - might need to look more. I sort of feel like we'll be sorry is we miss the scenery. Only 10 cabins? There go my upgrade hopes.

Edited by milepig

Hi, we always get B level cabins because we adore the gentle rocking of the ship. We are never interested in one level up. We sleep so well. Last winter I had a spa problem, I wrote to Windstar they bumped us up to A level, I did not care but my husband wanted to try it, this time we are in A level. I hope on the North Sea I will not regret this decision. The only time I have really been sea sick is on the English Channel in one of those old tub ferries in 1969 and I have sailed my entire life! When I travel I really never need to see it all but I do wish that ferry was running, I get the feeling. that little town they all talk about, name escapes me might be a bit too touristy for us, but I will not miss the fish market. Happy Sailing Susanne