Stocking Fridge

Linda VH

Depending on your itinerary, you may want to contact your TA or Silversea and send a note with your presences.

I was extremely surprised on my recent cruise on the Wind when I asked my butler for my preferred items and he implied this would be a major issue ("you needed to order ahead of time" and stated that due to "regulations in Italy", he might not be able to provide my requested wine and spirits until we reached Dubrovnik 4 days later.

Personally, I think it was a bunch of rubbish and he managed to fill my very modest requests that evening, but it definitely quashed the festive feeling I normally have at the beginning of a cruise.

I have cruised around the world and never heard of such rubbish either. Perhaps if the ship was in port and you requested those items they may be in bond until the ship leaves port but I don't believe that theory either. Makes no sense.

If you really want something special email them. I wanted diet ginger ale normally ships don't have it . It was in fridge when we boarded

Excellent advice.

We didn't special order and sodas and we wanted a diet caffeine free soda and that was a challenge. We preferably wanted Diet Sprit or something with a similar flavor.

Keith