Beer on Silver Shadow?

dbhammel

Embarking on our first SS cruise from Vancouver to Seward this Thursday on the Silver Shadow! Our travel partners and I are big beer connoisseurs, any idea what sort of beer we can expect on board? We are spending a few days in Seattle ahead of time and thinking of getting a selection of beer to bring aboard to enjoy.

Keep in mind that if you buy beer in Seattle and take it to Canada you'll be restricted by import limits. About a case, IIRC.

I've never sailed Silversea to Alaska, but I wasn't impressed with the beer selection on the cruises I have been on. A few standard American beers, and 5-10 European brands.

I'm not sure about all the varieties but the suite refrigerators were stocked with Stella Artois last summer on the Shadow and this spring on the Wind. Enjoy Alaska and the Shadow! We had a great time last June on the reverse Seward to Vancouver.

• 11 months later...
I'm not sure about all the varieties but the suite refrigerators were stocked with Stella Artois last summer on the Shadow and this spring on the Wind. Enjoy Alaska and the Shadow! We had a great time last June on the reverse Seward to Vancouver.

We are going this June 29- how was your weather? what was your favorite thing about the cruise?

We are going this June 29- how was your weather? what was your favorite thing about the cruise?

We had a mixed bag with weather. It was very chilly and rainy for the first few ports, Sitka was 37 degrees and pouring rain. We had chilly weather for most ports but did see some sun, especially in Ketchikan where it normally rains. I don't think we really considered that it would be so cold since some family members had been before around the same time and had much warmer and sunny weather. Alaska is just always unpredictable. Next time, I will take toboggans and waterproof shoes for sure--people who have been before will be wearing them so don't feel like it's strange to pack these in June. We really liked Juneau because we were docked in town and could just walk around easily and then get back on the Shadow to dry off and warm up. We did two excursions that day and our favorite was a canoe trip to the Mendenhall Glacier. The sea otter cruise in Sitka was good even though it was raining and we were confined to the covered area of the boat. We had some close-up whale sightings! I know that some other passengers did the float plane tours and the Zodiac tours and really enjoyed them.