Wine List; Silver Whisper - 2012, November

Stumblefoot

Just off the Whisper and wanted to pass along some selections from the Connoisseur Wine List. I asked our sommelier for a copy of the entire current list, but we never received it before disembarkation. I provided my email and mailing address to her as we disembarked, so we'll see if she follows-up as promised. Seems like a big secret to get the list for some reason.

Wines shaded we consumed on-board. Those shaded in green I would recommend, while those in red I would not.

Good hunting!

Silversea - Silver Whisper, 2012-Nov.xls

I assume these wines were for purchase and not the ones included with meals?
Yes, you are right. These wines are from the Connoisseur Wine List.

What kind of wine was included?
We tried a couple different Sauvignon Blancs they were offering, as well as the Shiraz, but didn't care for them. They offered a Malbec from Argentina for a couple of nights that was really, really tasty.

What did you think of the cuisine? Do you have any menus that you can share?
Overall, we were very pleased with the cuisine. The only dishes that I didn't enjoy were the hash browns (bland) at breakfast and Thanksgiving stuffing (rice based, instead of bread). And, CKforensic will tell you that they can't make Eggs Benedict to save their life.

Unfortunately, the only menu I have is what I recorded from the Panorama Lounge. You can view it using this link.

• 3 years later...

Hi, Thanks Stumblefoot for the info. We are going on the whisperer next week. I also tried to get a list in advance. Nada. Big secret I guess. But why? They should be proud of their list. Selection & prices are good so what's the problem? Probably they want the flexibility to change the list. But, hey, a few clicks and that's done. What, 5 minutes work?

Hi, Thanks Stumblefoot for the info. We are going on the whisperer next week. I also tried to get a list in advance. Nada. Big secret I guess. But why? They should be proud of their list. Selection & prices are good so what's the problem? Probably they want the flexibility to change the list. But, hey, a few clicks and that's done. What, 5 minutes work?

This is a very out of date list (2012), a much more recent list was published on a thread in March this year.