Msc opera -paying bill warning

lilacflowers

We have just enjoyed our first cruise with MSC on the Opera from Havana.

However one small issue on leaving the ship has prompted me to do a quick post to make others aware.

We paid our bill in pounds sterling and as we were leaving the ship when my card was scanned I was asked to stand aside. My friend who was ahead of me was unaware and had proceeded through immigration to baggage collection.

The computer had indicated that my bill was not paid. My friend had paid for both bills in cash earlier that day.

In order to be able to leave the ship (we were flying out in 2 hours) I paid the bill again using my credit card. We were off the ship early to allow us to get to the airport but I had to go to guest relations to pay the bill.

Now here's my warning, my friend didn't get a receipt and my travel agent doesn't hold much hope of us being reimbursed without a receipt. Yes I agree this was silly of her but she was probably flustered. Please ensure you get receipts and that if there are more than one persons bill being paid that both accounts are cleared before you leave guest relations.

I have to say I was a bit concerned about sailing with MSC but apart from this incident we really enjoyed our cruise. I hope MSc investigate and do the right thing by us and if so I will post on this site in their favour.

I find this very odd.....

Every MSC cruise i have done, and last week the most recent one, i was handed an A4 printout showing my itemized bill, and that the balance to pay was $0. Showing clearly that the bill had been paid.

Don't get me wrong, i have had issues with the on board deposit being taken from my card (or not in my case) but never with payment at the end of the cruise.

My friend has called me this morning (we arrived home tired yesterday) to tell me she made the mistake she forgot she also had perfume to pay for which coincidently was the same price as my bill!

She didn't get a receipt, MSC I apologise unreservedly about this. We had a great cruise.

We arrived one day late due to Air France cancelling our connecting flight to Havana and we missed the very important embarkation info and Daily News. So perhaps this would have prevented my embassy's sing exit.

I do like my friend very much but right now I could throttle her!

She can buy me a Mojito!

Apologies everyone my only advice is always get a receipt and don't trust anyone to pay your bill.

Happy Cruising I need to get our next cruise booked with my husband not my pal.