Pirate night on 3 day

cruisegal96

It is totally up to you and how much stuff you want to haul on the plane. No matter what you decide, there will be plenty of others doing exactly the same thing.

Without wanting to be as ugly as this sounds, the only way I'd do a 3 night cruise is if it was free. A 4 night adds a huge amount to a 2 1/2 day cruise!

Our first three-day cruise, we did not do any sort of costume, just put on the bandanas they gave us. Later this month, we have another three-day scheduled, and we will be rocking the full pirate gear since it will be my toddler's first cruise. We saw some in pirate gear last time and some without.

And for what it is worth, I wouldn't let the previous post get you down. Three night cruises can be a lot of fun as long as you realize you can't do everything!

It is totally up to you and how much stuff you want to haul on the plane. No matter what you decide' date=' there will be plenty of others doing exactly the same thing.

Without wanting to be as ugly as this sounds, the only way I'd do a 3 night cruise is if it was free. A 4 night adds a huge amount to a 2 1/2 day cruise![/quote']

I much prefer to do 5-7 days on a cruise. We looked into a 4 day, but unfortunately they are Monday-Friday & due to a child in school it wasn't gonna workout. I'm sad that it's only 3 days, but I figure 3 days are better than no days. Already booking a 7 day southern caribbean anniversary cruise for June, but it won't be on Disney.

Our first three-day cruise, we did not do any sort of costume, just put on the bandanas they gave us. Later this month, we have another three-day scheduled, and we will be rocking the full pirate gear since it will be my toddler's first cruise. We saw some in pirate gear last time and some without.

And for what it is worth, I wouldn't let the previous post get you down. Three night cruises can be a lot of fun as long as you realize you can't do everything!

Thanks DisneyAdventurer, I'm wishing it could be longer. I originally planned on a 4 day until I saw they were Monday-Friday. We have a 5th grader, so missing an entire week was not going to work. We will make the most of our 3 nights!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

You don't know what people's situations are to say you would only do a three night if free. We normally do 5 or more but I have no vacation days left and we are able to do this cruise because we only have to take my son out of school one day. Maybe you don't have these constraints. I wish it was longer but it would mean another day off work and school and the 4 night schedule looks like it would be as many days off as a 7 night for me which we already have booked for March on another line.

You don't know what people's situations are to say you would only do a three night if free. We normally do 5 or more but I have no vacation days left and we are able to do this cruise because we only have to take my son out of school one day. Maybe you don't have these constraints. I wish it was longer but it would mean another day off work and school and the 4 night schedule looks like it would be as many days off as a 7 night for me which we already have booked for March on another line.

You are right that I don't know other people's situations. But I also didn't say that you shouldn't do a 3 night cruise.

I said I wouldn't do it, and I stand by that. I wouldn't spend the time, money, and effort for 3 nights (2 1/2 days) on board the ship. The air fare and transportation to/from the port are relatively fixed costs, whether I cruise for 3 nights or 14 nights. The effort involved, especially in dealing with a handicapped family member, makes it truly not worth it TO ME for only 3 nights.

Yes, I have done 2 3 night cruises on DCL. One was part of a 4/3 B2B and the other was a VERY discounted "bounceback special" that we tied to a WDW vacation.

The trip was a gift and we had very few options as j said based on no more time

Off but it's a little frustrating to be there such a short time. My thought is we may not have had the chance to

Experience a Disney cruise if not for this so that makes it worth it. Now

We know if we could do one that was longer.

What time is the pirate night party. This is the night they do fireworks right? I could so skip this but I'd like to see the fireworks ( my son won't have to skip. We can have grandma

Take him)

I'm sorry, I don't remember what ship you're on, but the pirate party varies by ship (class). Yes, the fireworks are on Pirate Night.

OK, looked it up. Dream - there is a more family friendly Pirate show between the two dinner seatings (Mickey and company) 7:45. Then, after the late dinner seating, there is a more "Jack Sparrow" type show, followed by the fireworks 10:30.

Wow there are two shows? Oh pirate night is instead of a theatre show inside I guess!

Typically, there is no show in the WDT on Pirate night, HOWEVER, on a 3 night cruise there is.

Since there are 3 production shows, and only 3 nights, one of them must run on Pirate night. Night 2 is Villains Tonight on the Dream.

There are 2 pirate shows and 2 main stage shows on a 3 night cruise. One main stage show runs during each dinner seating (same show repeated). At 7:30, between the dinner shows/seatings there is the kid's pirate party/show (think characters and not at all scary), and after second dinner is the original pirate party/show (more pirate like actors, but also characters). This is followed by fireworks.

The kid pirate party was a response to parents who felt the late one was too late and too scary for their kids. Yes, on a 3 night, it is an incredibly busy night for all on board.

So MM I bet you you would do a 3 nighter if you lived 50 mins from the port, it's about circumstances. The OP is probably beyond excited, so to say you would only go if free is a bit harsh, especially when the thread is about wearing pirate costumes.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

So MM I bet you you would do a 3 nighter if you lived 50 mins from the port, it's about circumstances. The OP is probably beyond excited, so to say you would only go if free is a bit harsh, especially when the thread is about wearing pirate costumes.

Per OP's post, this family was not yet in the penalty period for their cruise. As I understand it, CC is about voicing experiences and opinions. At the time of my response, the family could choose to consider my opinion or not and even consider changing their cruise plans.

We did our 3 night cruises after many years of nothing shorter than a 4 night. I was quite shocked at the difference, which I found to be huge.

I honestly don't know if I would do a 3 night even if I lived easy driving distance from the port. I tend to think that I would not, but then, that's my decision.

I did preface my comment with "at the risk of being harsh....." Sorry, but it's a good thing I'm not in the travel industry. I could not in honesty recommend a 3 night cruise based on my personal experience on 2 of them. The 4 night is much more than adding 25% more time on the ship. It was (for us) a far superior experience.

I agree the 3 nighter is short and there is so very much to explore and do. No way to experience it all. Yet, after all our DCL cruises, and yes we have been on all 4 ships and multiple itineraries, we would do 3 nights rather than miss out on our "Disney" fix. However, we too recommend the 4 night cruise to family and friends who ask about the 3/4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral. That extra day makes a "World" of difference, in our humble opinion.

Since the OP is locked into a 3 nighter, we wish you lots of magic and pixi dust for your cruise

For some reason 100 posts later j just realized MM said esp with a handicapped family member. That makes sense. I can see the lengths I am going and I feel so rushed thinking as soon as we get on we get off which for me I think is going to make me what to take in as much as possible.

My family's first cruise was a 3-nighter. My wife was gungho, but I was on the fence. To get me on-board (literally), we agreed to sample Disney with a 3-night cruise. If we had a great time, we could always come back. As it turns out, we had a blast. We (yes, even I in my reluctance) left the ship wanting more, and we've been back multiple times since.

As for pirate night (the subject of this thread), people like me don't dress up at all. People like our pediatrician dress up so elaborately that other passengers think they are actors on the ship and ask for autographs. All fit in just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that a 3 night cruise is a nice ending to after spending a week at Disneyworld. I mean once you go on 2-3 Disney cruises, and hit the same ports, you kind of get the general rhythm down. I mean how many new and exciting excursion opportunities have been added the past 2-3 years in Nassau?

So I like doing the 3 day cruises because they are the cheapest ones Disney offers and after spending a week at Disney - I need some rest and someone to pamper me!

Cheers,

YY

Edited by yorkshireyank

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your info! We are only 2 weeks away & are very excited even if only for 3 nights & have pirate costumes ready to go!!! Quite possibly our 1 & only Disney cruise so making the most of it! Already planning our 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise on RCCL for our 20th Anniversary this June. :p