Sending/receiving faxs on qm2

Lindsaycruiser

Can anyone tell me if they have sent or received faxs while on board the QM2?

Would it be less expensive than buying an internet package?

Would a received fax be sent to my cabin?

Thank you for any help.

Cathy

Fax numbers for the ships are as follows:

Queen Mary 2 - 00 870 331 062 711

Queen Victoria - 00 870 764 817 754 or 757

Queen Elizabeth - 00 870 765 067 261

I do not know what the charges are. I think they phone to tell you there is a fax waiting. Personally I would opt for email and if you need a hard copy I'm sure connexions can print it off for you.

As the Internet. Phone calls & Faxes all come via satellite your fax message would cost at least $5 for a very very short message then $5 per minute or part of so a 5 minute fax would be //$25 that's more than the internet

Can anyone tell me if they have sent or received faxs while on board the QM2?

Would it be less expensive than buying an internet package?

Would a received fax be sent to my cabin?

Thank you for any help.

Cathy

Sounds very cumbersome. As others pointed out all communications go through a satellite connection so in the end it may take longer to communicate and not be any cheaper.

Many have found it saves internet time to compose emails off-line than copy/paste when connected, and to download incoming emails and then read them after logging out. The peak demand times seem to be after breakfast and before dinner.

I'd suggest you get an internet package and be sure that you properly log out and not just close your browser. You'll always get a verification screen that you are logged out and it will show how much time is remaining.

We leave details of the cruise and ships phone number with the family. We also buy the cheapest internet package just to check emails. You can browse the Cunard site for free, if you want to research and price another cruise!

Even if something terrible happens, the family may not tell you. We got back from a cruise and were told to sit down, our niece had been killed in a car crash leaving her partner to bring up 3 young girls, and we would be going to her funeral the next day. The family had agreed not to spoil our cruise, and I don't know what we would have done if they had told us.