Using a PVP

Life_Traveler

How many of you actually use your PVP. I am Platinum but have always booked my cruises myself. either online or on a previous cruise. I am trying to figure out if there is a benefit to me to go through my PVP. Seems it would be a hassle to talk to them and discuss things as they book instead of doing it myself. Not sure how personal there service can be as I am sure they have thousands of people assigned to them and if they are dedicated to Platinum and Diamond cruisers then they are always booking for people.

I too have used our pvp to handle our bookings for years, since our first ever Carnival cruise. She's great and has easily taken care of any question or concern I have had. I wish we were able to give them recommendations on this forum.

How many of you actually use your PVP. I am Platinum but have always booked my cruises myself. either online or on a previous cruise. I am trying to figure out if there is a benefit to me to go through my PVP. Seems it would be a hassle to talk to them and discuss things as they book instead of doing it myself. Not sure how personal there service can be as I am sure they have thousands of people assigned to them and if they are dedicated to Platinum and Diamond cruisers then they are always booking for people.

We're also Platinum, if that matters. We've used the same PVP for about 10 years now. I research the cruises and know which cabin I want. More often than not, he has more cabins available than show up on the Carnival website. Since we always book a "dummy" cruise on a cruise, when we're ready to switch to a "real" cruise, he helps us by making sure we keep our obc. He also helps with any questions I have as well as with price reductions.

i am not trying to say anything is wrong with the one Carnival assigned to me when I went Platinum last year. in fact i have never personally talked to him. I just found if I find the cruise i want and everything on the web page its just a couple clicks more to have it booked.

I didn't realize they would take care of my Stock holders OBC as I have always just emailed Miami corporate relations and they take care of it for me. I guess i have just been lucky as I have never over the years had any issues with any of my cruises that I needed to talk to someone to straighten things out.

i am thinking my next cruise i book I will use them just to see how it works out. He has a Facebook page that carnival provided him so its easy to communicate to him.

Every time I went on Carnival's site, the same PVP kept harassing me. I didn't see when she called because I blocked her on my iPhone, but then I noticed the amount of times she called. I called her and left a voicemail, and I still get calls whenever I'm on the website.

Anyways, PVPs so I've heard are good if you don't want you're booking handled by a travel agent and directly through the cruise line.

We use TA's, but for Carnival, the incentive is really low for most of their cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are far from your status, and while I feel completely comfortable booking on line myself, our PVP is a wonderful young woman. She gives us good advice about cabin locations, has helped us out when wait listed for certain dinner times, and other little things. It's just nice when you have a question or concern and have one person who knows you, instead of spinning the customer service wheel.

She will also call us when we get certain offers, and lets us know about upcoming sales, etc. I prefer her service to reading all the emails Carnival sends me, or pulling up the website. I'll just tell her a ship, port, and price range, and she will keep an eye out for me.

PVP are a real pain, they are constantly calling you. Don't need on at all.

i am not trying to say anything is wrong with the one Carnival assigned to me when I went Platinum last year. in fact i have never personally talked to him. I just found if I find the cruise i want and everything on the web page its just a couple clicks more to have it booked.

I didn't realize they would take care of my Stock holders OBC as I have always just emailed Miami corporate relations and they take care of it for me. I guess i have just been lucky as I have never over the years had any issues with any of my cruises that I needed to talk to someone to straighten things out.

i am thinking my next cruise i book I will use them just to see how it works out. He has a Facebook page that carnival provided him so its easy to communicate to him.

Let me clarify about pvp and stockholder credit.

Sent the forms in to the appropriate dept twice and no response at al after acknowledgment of receipt. Sent pvp the form and he called the dept and got it taken care of immediately.

we have had one for about 10 years now, and she has never called us!:) we book about 2 cruises a year and I guess she knows I will call her when we are ready.

we also do a lot of mock bookings and have never been called while doing that!:) guess we have a good one.

PVP are a real pain, they are constantly calling you.
Disagree.

We've been using the same PVP for well over 10 years. He'll call when he sees me hitting the website and asks if there's anything he can help with. He'll also call in advance of reduced deposit promotions or new itineraries being announced. I appreciate the personal service.

I usually already have the cruise picked out and just tell him what to book. Easy peasy.

This last cruise however, I found a great rate on the Carnival website on a Sunday evening when I knew he wasn't working, so I just went ahead and clicked through to book it.

What *does* cheese me off is when a different PVP might call and try to tell me that my PVP has been reassigned or no longer with the company. I call BS and say I'll just book it myself. I'll hang up and call my PVP and tell him about it.

Edited by tef43

Maybe some people have experienced this but in all the years we have sailed Carnival our pvp has NEVER called unless we have left her a message asking for her to call.

Our PVP is great and is more a personal friend than she is a cruise agent. She only calls to let me know if we have a special offer that I may not be aware of and is great to work with when I book a cruise. She also is the PVP for the rest of my family and they are as happy with her as I am.