Dubai / oman visa

lutonhoo

We have a UK Great Britain passport - I understand that we require a visa for Dubai (UAE). Do we need to apply for this prior to our holiday or get it at the airport on arriving in Dubai. ??

We are travelling from Dubai to Oman and Abu Dubai - is only one visa required ? Does anyone know how much and which website to apply on (if required prior to flying)

Thanks for your help - I cant seem to find any new relevant threads on this

Like UK citizen you get the emirates visas on the airport for free /it is only stamp/ , for Omani visa you ask at the border crossing and you will pay for it. Nothing difficult and expencive.

You dont need a separate visa between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Bothe are in the UAE, the United Arab Emirates.

How will you get to Oman?

If you fly you get a visa on arrival in MCT airport.

Cost is 7 Omani Rials for arrivals at MCT airport. Arrivals by road can cost 7 or 20 but sometimes and depending who is at the counter they will charge you 5 OMR when you arriving directly from the UAE / Bahrain / Qatar (seriously).

Procedure for airport arrivals is that you first get the visa voucher from the counter as you get into the hall (clearly marked), then you line up at the immigration counter to enter the country.

There is an Express lane on the far right side. This is officially only for First / Business Class passengers, but nobody has ever stopped us. Especially if you are "European looking" and smile friendly....

At the most they ask you "Business Class?" and you say yes. (and you have left your boarding pass in the seat pocket...).

If you are driving into Oman, the signs at the border are clearly marked.

It can take a LONG time to clear the border, especially on Thursday or Friday or Saturday afternoon / evening. This is due to waiting behind others.

If you are lost, just find anyone in the brown police uniform. They may not understand you themselves, but will find someone who does.

The website of the Royal Oman Police (ROP) is a bit convoluted.

www.rop.gov.*****

http://www.rop.gov.*****/english/howdoi.asp?item=2 (pertaining to visas for airport arrivals)

Thank you for the information.

We are flying into Dubai then cruising to the other countries so no doubt it will all be done at the airport / port. At least now i know that i dont have to sort anything before going.

Yep, if you arrive by cruise ship you will be given an entry visa. They'll sort that on the ship.

If you need cash (for use on land), there are a few ATMs near the port where the souqu / bazaar is. Very easy to draw local currency with any cirrus / maestro enabled bank card.

Also just about any shop will accept your leftover UAE dirhams. Exchange rate is basically 10:1. 10 dirhams = 1 OMR.

Feel free to ask if you need any info about Muscat.:-)

I'm about to do my 4th cruise out of Dubai and crossing into Oman and back go USE again. I've got a British passport.

You don't need to do anything about visas. On arrival in Dubai you'll get a 30 day visa which expires when you leave the UAE to enter Oman. You get a second USE 30 day visa when you re-enter USE on the ship. For Oman you get a little laminated card from the ship that you show to the officials at the port gate when leaving thee port and re-entering it. The ship will then collect it from you as you board.

The ship will hold your passport throughout the cruise and they will work with local I immigration to have all the entry and exit stamps entered in your passport. The only thing you need go ensure is that you have at least 6 months remaining on your passport and blank pages left, since you'll be acquiring a whole load of stamps into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...