Suite Coffee Machines.....Pearl

watchdiva

Good Morning!

Can someone refresh my memory? Are hot chocolate pods available for the suite coffee machines (I think they use Lavazza pods)? If not, does anyone know if SwissMiss K pods will fit? I wouldn't mind bringing my own along for our cruise to Alaska if need be.

Does the coffee machine heat water hot enough for us to use the hot chocolate packets that are usually available on the buffet?

:)TIA

Good Morning!

Can someone refresh my memory? Are hot chocolate pods available for the suite coffee machines (I think they use Lavazza pods)? If not, does anyone know if SwissMiss K pods will fit? I wouldn't mind bringing my own along for our cruise to Alaska if need be.

Does the coffee machine heat water hot enough for us to use the hot chocolate packets that are usually available on the buffet?

:)TIA

I haven't seen any pods for hot chocolate on NCL since that is one of the things DS likes to make but we were last on NCL March 2014.

What he does is initially gets a pack or two from the buffet, heats up the water with the silver tube on the side of the machine then adds hot chocolate. Some butlers will see that you grabbed the packs and will then bring a supply.

Edited by dexddd

We were on the Pearl in April this year. No hot chocolate pods and no not water. Different (I believe it is an older version) than the coffee machine on the Jewel.

Had to order hot water from room service or go to buffet for hot water for my tea.

Thanks to all who took the time to answer! I will send my personal butler (aka DH) up to the buffet to fill our Tervis mugs with hot water and make it ourselves! Wonder if I can get marshmallows LOL!!