HoTHS info

Aubreysmom09

This will be our first cruise on Disney, and the first cruise for our DD5, and my DH. I have only been on RCCL. I am a HUGE Nightmare Before Christmas fanatic. I have a half sleeve tattoo on my arm with them on it. When I look at the information for the Oct 30, 2016 cruise it states that Jack and Sally are there and their is a Nightmare Before Christmas sing a long. How much of the Nightmare before Christmas stuff is there for the 4 day cruise is it just one night? Halloween is also my birthday, so this is my absolute favorite holiday. From other threads I see their is a decent amount of decorations and parties. My main concern is I really want this due to Jack and Sally, and DCL 4 day out of PC is $100 more than a 7 night on NCL Escape, or RCCL Oasis. I need info my fellow cruisers!

This will be our first cruise on Disney, and the first cruise for our DD5, and my DH. I have only been on RCCL. I am a HUGE Nightmare Before Christmas fanatic. I have a half sleeve tattoo on my arm with them on it. When I look at the information for the Oct 30, 2016 cruise it states that Jack and Sally are there and their is a Nightmare Before Christmas sing a long. How much of the Nightmare before Christmas stuff is there for the 4 day cruise is it just one night? Halloween is also my birthday, so this is my absolute favorite holiday. From other threads I see their is a decent amount of decorations and parties. My main concern is I really want this due to Jack and Sally, and DCL 4 day out of PC is $100 more than a 7 night on NCL Escape, or RCCL Oasis. I need info my fellow cruisers!

If the cruise you are on is designated as one of the Halloween on the High Seas ones, the Halloween activities are during the whole cruise. Although, just one day is sort of set up as the "main" Halloween festivities day.

On our 4 night Dream cruise the first night they had the Nightmare Before Christmas Scream-along in the WDT. The main "Halloween" night was night 3, with a costume contest and other activities during the day.

On last year's HOHS cruise, there were definitely some "Nightmare before..." events, but it was sparse. They really find a way to get just about every character/franchise involved in the Halloween fun (except the princesses - didn't seem them out of their traditional garb).

Last year we did a 4-night halloween cruise on the dream, and the year before that did a 3-night also on the dream. each year they offered the nightmare before christmas sing and scream twice per cruise. they were at very inconvenient times - like in the afternoon when we were in port - but i was bummed to have missed it in 2013 so last year we made sure to go. they show the movie in the large theater, have some effects, and at the end the jack and sally costumed characters come out and you can get pictures with them. i don't recall any other nightmare before christmas-specific events.

Aubreysmom09, your taste in movies is flawless :)

I've never done a Halloween cruise so can't offer advice there, but as a Nightmare fan, my vote is go Disney!

Edited by Gwyndylan

• 2 weeks later...
how do you know if your cruise will be Halloween theme? we are cruising on the Wonder Sept 27, 2015 and still have not received a packet or any info?

Here are the dates for the Halloween on the High Seas cruises, 2015:

Disney Magic: October 4 - October 28, 2015

Disney Wonder: October 1 - October 23, 2015

Disney Dream: September 7 - October 30, 2015

Disney Fantasy: September 5 - October 31, 2015

Your cruise on the Wonder is not one.

Here are the dates for the Halloween on the High Seas cruises, 2015:

Disney Magic: October 4 - October 28, 2015

Disney Wonder: October 1 - October 23, 2015

Disney Dream: September 7 - October 30, 2015

Disney Fantasy: September 5 - October 31, 2015

Your cruise on the Wonder is not one.

Thank you so much for this. just wanted to be prepared in case it was. how early do you get the packet in the mail? or any info regarding the cruise?

Thank you so much for this. just wanted to be prepared in case it was. how early do you get the packet in the mail? or any info regarding the cruise?

About a month before your cruise date you will get the packet that contains luggage tags, etc. with various different covers if you are on a themed cruise. If no special theme, it will just be a nautical design on the front.

Your cruise documents (well the little booklet with info and luggage tags) about 30-45 days out from your cruise.