Last minute packing question...

kendon

We will be boarding in a few days dong the TA from NYC. Should I bring a light jacket for the Promenade Deck...even though it's August?
Hi kendon,

YES! :)

This is the North Atlantic; even in summer, although you may find many around the pools on sunny days, it can still be pretty cool and windy on other occasions. You won't regret having a light jacket handy, I never have.

A huge Bon Voyage! Enjoy your crossing, I'm very jealous :)

Edited by pepperrn

My daughter has just returned from the westbound TA sailing, Jul 22nd. They only had one sunny day (the last sea day) and one other day where it was cloudy but OK to sit outside. On our TA's this year we had many more days where it was sunny and warm enough to sunbathe. You can never tell how the North Atlantic will be - so a jacket is a good thing to pack. Or, you can buy one on board - the stores have quite a good selection.

This leads me to another question - why is the Boardwalk Cafe never open? It was not open during our two sailings in May & June even on wonderful sunny days. We often sat on the open deck area near the cafe and lost count of the number of passengers who tried the door during the lunch period hoping it was open. My daughter also said that it was not open on her voyage on the sunny day. Does anyone know why this facility is not open?

The last thing you should do before leaving for the ship is to photograph your luggage, and keep the camera with you. Nothing beats a photo for speeding the recovery of a misplaced suitcase. Bon voyage!

I would take a warm jacket rather than a lightweight one. On two July/August crossings, while we had some fabulous days, we also had days when it was freezing. I was so cold I had to go and buy fleeces and a jacket onboard. A fleece would be a bare minimum I would say - just in case.