New policy too late for me

Redtravel

Yesterday i got an email stating windstar new price reduction policy to encourage early bookings. If your cruise price goes down, you can notify Windstar to adjust your fare down to match the new price. You can get upgraded, on board credit, etc. for the amount of the difference. It must be done at least 7 days prior to your sailing. It is a great concept.. Got that email last night..thursday. My cruise leaves on Tuesday. My cruise has dropped quite a bit since I booked it. I booked it almost a year ago. The price went down a few months ago. The new price was a lot lower than what I had paid. $800 At that time I called my TA and Windstar. I asked if I could get an upgrade. I wasn't asking for a price match or refund. was told that they could not move me. I also asked if there were empty cabins available in higher categories. Yes. I am a yacht cllub member. As a yacht club member I know that at embarkation I can ask for an upgrade. I would have felt a lot better if Windstar had upgraded me when my TA or I called. Too late for me. However, I will keep it in mind if I book again with Windstar.

The new price reduction policy is only good for new bookings made after June 27, 2016. Even if you had gotten that email last week, you would still not have been eligible.

Edited by BBQ Lover

The new price reduction policy is only good for new bookings made after June 27, 2016. Even if you had gotten that email last week, you would still not have been eligible.

I fully understand the new policy. My posting was pointing out that it was "too late for me." There are many people who seek out deals as they get closer to the sailing date. There are also people who book way in advance. This new policy is probably an attempt to push late booking guests to book earlier. It is a generous offer to reassure guests that if the price falls, they will get the price reduction benefits.

My cruise leaves on July 12th. Someone could have booked during the week of June 27th and been eligible for the new policy. However, sending it out 5 days before the sailing eliminates those people from the new policy. I have experienced policy changes on other cruise lines after I had booked. Some changes were good. Some were not so good. When introducing the changes, the start date is usually after the announcement.