SS Catherine night attire

agelessgram

Hi All - We are off in a few weeks on the SS catherine and getting ready to pack. I was wondering what is the attire for evening? This is our first time with Uniworld. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks - Sue

We are on the Catherine (first time with Uniworld) in a few months. I can't imagine dinner attire is very different from line to line and I intend to pack as I normally do.

At dinner, I will wear nice slacks and top or a dress. For the welcome and farewell evenings, I add some bling in the form of something sparkly.

DH will not likely pack a sport coat; he generally wears dress slacks and a long sleeve button down shirt for evenings. On our river cruises so far, it has been a small percentage of men who wear a sport coat in the evenings. I think that is up to personal preference. We usually are more dressed up than many for dinner and the evening.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We just returned from this cruise 4 weeks ago... Caviargal's advice will serve you well, and generally matches what we saw there, with the caveat that attire was a smidge more dressy than I remember from SS Antoinette last year. I did bring a sport coat and tie for the Captain's welcome and farewell nights, and I didn't stand out too badly. More people dressed to that extent than I would have thought... But, plenty did not.

Come over and join us on the generic roll call for all of this year's sailings. Lots of other information there about this trip. It was a really enjoyable trip, and I miss the ship very much! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We are on the Baroness on the Seine right now. For the captain's dinner, DH was the only one without a sports coat and even the women seemed more dressy than on previous sailings we've been on. Much more casual for other dinners.

We are on the Baroness on the Seine right now. For the captain's dinner, DH was the only one without a sports coat and even the women seemed more dressy than on previous sailings we've been on. Much more casual for other dinners.

Very surprising as in 9 river cruises we have never seen more than 10% of men in sports coats, and far fewer with ties.

Thanks for the info. Will be interested to read other comments as well.