Los Veranos Canopy Tour - Help

Edel V

So we are madly excited to be heading off on Carnival Miracle next week. Reading up on the things to do in PV and we decided that Los Veranos Canopy Tour was the ideal trip for us. The ship is docking at 12pm and having e-mailed Los Veranos was advised that 1.15pm would be the perfect tour time for us to take.

So I went ahead and booked it and we are all super excited to try out zip lining for the first time. However reading through Cruise Critic again this evening and I come across a post that suggests ship time and PV time are 2 different things. Living in Ireland the concept of different time zones never even crossed my mind. I am now in a total panic thinking that the ship won't have even docked before our expected arrival time at the meeting point.

Would be very grateful for any advice or information.

So we are madly excited to be heading off on Carnival Miracle next week. Reading up on the things to do in PV and we decided that Los Veranos Canopy Tour was the ideal trip for us. The ship is docking at 12pm and having e-mailed Los Veranos was advised that 1.15pm would be the perfect tour time for us to take.

So I went ahead and booked it and we are all super excited to try out zip lining for the first time. However reading through Cruise Critic again this evening and I come across a post that suggests ship time and PV time are 2 different things. Living in Ireland the concept of different time zones never even crossed my mind. I am now in a total panic thinking that the ship won't have even docked before our expected arrival time at the meeting point.

Indeed very often shipstimes are different from porttimes, not only in PVR but also in other ports.

Checking the portschedule of PVR it seems 12.00 is local time.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Carnival_Cruise_Lines/Carnival_Miracle/August_2016/

Los Veranos is quite a distance from the port. How are you getting to their property, taking a cab?? They run shuttles from their office in the south part of town, but then you need more time. Is 1.15 the time your zipline starts or the shuttle?

If this is the zipline time, you better take cab, because of the driving time, which is 30-40 minutes depending traffic. The cabs at the port charge per person, the yellow ones near the gasstation and highway charge for the ride. However make your price before entering. I gues the ride might cost around 300 Pesos, to their office in the southside it will be around 100,- Pesos.

Hi Ine,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been in touch with Los Veranos and they are saying the same as yourself and expecting the ship in port at 12pm local time.

We are being collected from Playa de Oro which we have been advised is only a 5 minute walk from the marina and from there transported to the start of the tour.

I can now breathe a sigh of relief that I won't have to deal with 2 very dissapointed children as this is the highlight of the trip for them.

Thanks again for the help

Playa de oro indeed a shrt walk from the terminal. Walk towards the Pemex gasstation at the corner, then towards the Soriana supermarket, take the 1ststreet to the right. More or less tat the end of the street is Playa de Oro.

Be aware the cruise terminal official name is Terminal Maritima which is not the Marina. Marin is the docks for yachts.

Edited by Ine