Gem Spa

April42749

Although I've sailed on the Gem twice, I never used the spa.

What facilities do they have in the thermal spa? Are showers/sauna available without the thermal spa?

Is it a few dollars less if you book it before you sail?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

TIA

Showers, sauna, eucalyptus sauna, hot tub, ice bath, large whirlpool pool, and the best is the heated stone lounges! I believe it is slightly cheaper to book online. We have use the thermal suite on 2 different gem cruises but at that time no pre booking was allowed. We have not booked it the last few times because we didn't feel we would use it much on the itineraries we were on. Came in quite handy when we did a 10 day cruise to Canada and back in 2012.

I haven not been on the Gem in years, but it has(had?) one of the nicest thermal suites in the fleet. There is a large coed centrally located area, with whirlpool, heated stone lounges and snacks. Both sides have smaller single gender areas with saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, lounge chairs and spectacular views. It does not have some of the more gimmicky "therapeutic" venues like salt rooms that the newer ships have, but that works for me.

I think it is worth the price, though you can get free sauna/steamrooms in the gym area.

I will be sailing for the 5th time on the lovely Norwegian Gem on Aug. 20th and I can' t wait.

One of the best parts of the Gem for me is the Thermal Suite. I am not a massage person but the first time I went I bought this for the week because it was a good deal, like a PP said you could only book the day of but now they have it available to pre book and as soon as we could I booked that sucker!

It really is so refreshing especially those Hot stone chairs with a good book or your Kindle Reader...I try not to stay too long as to let other use, but it is so nice and relaxing.

I also enjoy the Large Jacuzzi pool ahhhh!

Can't wait to use it!

Is there really only the single person jacuzzi? Or did I miss seeing other ones in the video?

There is only one per locker room, so one for the guys, one for the ladies. None out in the main area, there you find the big hot tubs.