Should I pre book a cabin?

When we booked the holiday the TA advised that it was not worth booking a cabin as they were all very good. Now a few months after and lots have travelled on her what are your thoughts? We will probably not upgrade but do not fancy a vibrating cabin or one near the service area.

I would always book a cabin unless you know that the category you have booked are all good locations. As Discovery is new to Thomson we don't know the bad cabins yet. As a rule of thumb I would say, in the absence of more precise detail a cabin well away from the engines is a better bet.

On whatever ship we go on, new or old, big or small, we always pre-book. I would rather be in the middle than right at the front or back. It's not to do with how far it is to walk places, that's not a concern for us fortunately, but I prefer to be away from the most movement/vibration. I also prefer to not be directly next to the bar/MDR etc.

Having said that, if all I could have was one at the front/back/next to a bar, i would rather be in a "bad" cruise room than at home any day of the week :D

Does anyone know if there's much of a difference between the narrower looking cabins than the wider ones?

When you look at the deck plans some cabins are shorter but wider than others, usually ones on corners.

We are just off the Discovery and stayed for a week in room 8527. We booked a late check out cabin through the week and although we could not keep the same room we got the one next door (8525) which we much preferred space wise. 8527 is an inside cabin and 8525 is an inside plus cabin. There was slight noises in both cabins but didn't overly bother us. 8525 has an interconnecting door I think as there was somebody in 8523 trying the handle at one point.

If your going on the spirit or celebration they have a select couple of cabins priced as deck 3/4 ou but are actually on deck 7 . So just book deck 3/4 ou and pay the £42 cabin choice fee for the cabin numbers on deck 7

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your going on the spirit or celebration they have a select couple of cabins priced as deck 3/4 ou but are actually on deck 7 . So just book deck 3/4 ou and pay the £42 cabin choice fee for the cabin numbers on deck 7

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thomson have now started classing these are deck 7/8 outside and also a higher supplement too

We pre booked a cabin on the Celebration last February to the Caribbean. And paid the £43...When we arrived at Manchester airport the Thomson rep told us we were not having that cabin but another one..When we were onboard we went to reception and told them we would like a refund of the £43..The guy there was very abrupt implying we were making it up..However we did have proof of the booked cabin..So my advice is ...if you prebook your cabin remember to take proof of payment.