Help - Aft suites

Gymbod

Any advice please - We've just booked aft suite C750 on Azura and worried now after reading about the beam running through- it actually looks like there are 2 beams running through this cabin and C751, how bad is it, would I still be able to use the sun loungers?

E732 is still available and I'm wondering if this would be better to change cabins as the balcony looks bigger and only has one beam? :confused: All the other suites aft are taken and didn't really want a mid ship suite because of the overhang.

Has anyone stayed in either of these suites and can give advice? worried the E deck cabin will be noisy as its above the Manhattan.

Also is there any smell from the vents at the back of the ship?

Many thanks :)

I've just booked an Aft cabin with a beam as the balconies are really big and there is still lots of space so I'd go for C750 or C751. The suite on E deck will be above the stage of the Manhattan and personally I would never choose a cabin in that position, but I am sensitive to noise.

We have been next to both C750 and C751 in C748 and C749. I can confirm there is one beam through the balcony which is outside the bedroom area of the cabin. There is an additional beam at the side of the balcony. If you want to send me your email address I can sent you a picture of the beam in C751. Personally I would be disappointed to pay for a suite and then find I'd got the beam through the balcony. It doesn't bother some people though. I don't know about the E deck suites. If you go to the Princess forum and search on Ultimate Beam thread you should see various pictures of the back of the Princess ships the same design as Azura/Ventura and the cabins are labelled so you could see what the E deck balconies look like.

Hope this helps.

Hi - have a look at this link. If you click on the photo of the aft of Ventura you can see all the cabins, just above the picture is a + sign. If you click on this you can zoom in and see the beams clearly. Personally it wouldn't really bother me that much as the balconies are huge. The suite on E deck does look slightly better although you may get more noise from the engines or the wake.

With regards to smell we never smellt anything coming from the vents. The only thing we did notice in the aft suite was the ship would vibrate whilst docking , so sometimes would wake you early if we were docking early. But it didn't really bother us.

Anyway hope this helps and you have a great cruise

Here's the link

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlp6572/Cruises#5238039532187227762

Sue

We were in suite E733 and loved it. No noise from above or below. Yes, the wake is noisy but meant you really felt you were at sea. The stanchion is to one side of the balcony and doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the balcony.

Ah.. thanks for your comments, links and advice and advice, I'm still not sure about the noise on E deck although the balcony does look nicer, my BH says he doesn't care about the beam but he's more laid back than me;)

Annieuk my email is karenmarillier@btinternet.com, if you have any pics I would like to see them, I've seen the photos looking at the back of the ship but never any actually on the balcony and the link to photos on the PO website wasn't working yesterday:(

Thanks again:)

• 3 years later...