LA CASA EN LA PLAYA - Cozumel

Amos83

This is just my opinion and I am only speaking for myself, but I would not do it again. It takes a while to line everyone up. Each house only lets about 26 people go, so you have to stand in line and get your stickers and then they take you. That is 30 minutes of your time right there in addition to the travel time. Then you are greeted by the staff with ice cold drink (lemonade) and you are given the basics along with suggestions for tipping, etc. The menu was very sparse and I didn't like what I ordered and they wouldn't let me order anything else. I went snorkeling with the tour (the house we went to had a VERY ROCKY beach and we had to walk about 100 yards, which is not a problem but entering the rocks with fins on was very dangerous) and missed the guacamole and chips. When I asked for some upon our return, they said they didn't have any more. The time we got to relax and play in the pool (which is basically a glorified 4ft bath tub) was fun but we were called back to the vans almost 45 minutes earlier than what they said when we arrived. They spent another 15 minutes talking about tipping and passing the hat. Did I have a good time? Yes for the most part. Will I book again? No, I would go to Mr. Sanchos first. I enjoyed the food and amenities much better there even with the large crowd. The only thing that was a plus with this excursion was the small groups of people. Please keep in mind that the house we went to may not be the house you go to. They have several of them. I hoped this helped. Have a great time in whatever you choose to do.

Has anyone done this excursion? I looks nice but curious to see if anyone has done it and if it is worth the $119 pp price.

I loved this excursion. You have a stretch of private beach and a small swimming pool with a shallow area where you can sit and stay cool. The servers wait on you constantly on the beach or in the pool with drinks. The chef makes a snack to serve and the servers bring that to you. There is a demonstration where they show you how to make guacamole, and then they serve it with chips. Then you have your choice of 3 or 4 entrees and the chef cooks that to order when you decide you're ready to eat. Again you are served wherever you want to eat--on the beach, in the pool, at a table. The service was excellent. I had the fajitas and they were delicious although a little too salty for my taste. I thought the Mojitos were delicious. The edge of the water area is rocky, but they provide water shoes to everyone who wants to go in water. There are optional massages on the beach if you want to pay extra for that, but there was no pressure to participate. There are several bathrooms in the beach house and they were clean.

I thought this was a wonderful relaxing beach day and I would do it again. It is a little piece of paradise. I felt like I got my money's worth.

It is interesting how people's opinions differ o things like this. While we have never done this excursion, someone in our group that sails with us did it and thought it was the best excursion she has ever done (and she does a lot, many times doing multiples on one stop if they can be squeezed in).

I went on this excursion in December while on the Breeze. I was actually looking forward to it. We met on the pier and it did take about 15-20 minutes to wait for everyone and divide up the groups. Our guide then explained to us, that of course there was a chance of rain at any time in Mexico so we needed to sign the back of our tickets which means we would not ask for our money back. We did ask if it was supposed to rain the whole time or a passing shower. We were told maybe a passing shower but tequila tastes better with water. So we signed.

It was about a 15 minutes drive to the house, the house was nice, not great IMO. After about a half hour it started to rain and it rained the rest of the time there. They tried to make the best of it but sitting under an umbrella because of the rain was not what I envisioned. Service was excellent. ( although people that wanted a shot needed to walk to the house to take the shot, which didn't make sense to me)

As for the lunch, we were given 4 choices, 2 fish, 1 chicken and 1 beef. On reading the reviews I was under the impression you pretty much could get whatever you wanted. That was not the case, I ordered the beef and ate about half of it. I will admit I am a picky eater.

We ended up leaving about 40 minutes earlier because of the rain.

Would I do it again? probably not. For me? I had about 5 drinks and lunch for $119, I don't think that it is worth it. Others might have more than me and get their moneys worth.

It is interesting how people's opinions differ o things like this. While we have never done this excursion, someone in our group that sails with us did it and thought it was the best excursion she has ever done (and she does a lot, many times doing multiples on one stop if they can be squeezed in).

We have done this in 2 different ports one of them in Cozumel. Ours was at the other house w/out the pool. It was FANTASTIC ! Great food,private beach,unending beverages. It's probably a draw as to which house you get. Loved the peacocks. My husband went out w/those that wanted to snorkel. He said he saw the most fish ever. I would do it again & again in a heartbeat.

We just did this excursion a couple weeks ago and we loved it. The service was excellent and so was the food. It was nice to get away from the crowds and relax. The only small critique I can make is that the beach is a bit rocky when you get in and there was seaweed in the water. It was not the crystal blue water and white sand we've grown accustomed to, but still very nice. I would recommend it for sure.

I did this a couple years ago when it was still pretty new I think. I went to the house without a pool. It was great! They were constantly taking drink orders, bringing different appetizers. You chose your dining time, and dining location. Some chose to eat in their beach chairs, some (me included) ate on the terrace/balcony of the house. Food was soooo good. Seriously awesome. It was my first time snorkeling, they had a shallow section of rocks/reef and it was so much fun.

We did this on November 3, 2015 and loved it - best excursion ever! We had booked the Tulum tour and read so many mixed reviews that we decided to cancel that excursion and book this one instead. For us it was a very relaxed day with good service and beautiful scenery. We were at the house without the pool and only had 12 in our group. We don't drink, so I couldn't say anything about that, but they were good about checking on us and bringing us bottled water. I did order a Pina Colata (no alcohol) at lunch and they brought one with alcohol but were quick to replace it. The guacamole was excellent, and I don't normally eat it. The snorkeling was nice too. We did have a little rain on the way there but that cleared up and the day was great. I don't recall what I ate, but it was a chicken dish and it was good. It was nice to have the bathroom and the shower available to wash off the sand and dress in clean clothes. We would book this excursion again for sure.