Capital One Venture credit card bragging moment

my kids mama

We are self employed and we use the Capital One Venture credit card for everything that we can for our business. I have an additional card with them for personal use. I just redeemed our rewards points and it's covering over half of our family cruise in December! I am so excited! Plus, we have up to six months to earn more points to go back and help cover the rest of it or the cheers package that we will be purchasing as we get closer. I just wanted to give them a big shout out if any of you are looking for a new card. It's so easy to transfer and use your points. Way better than that stupid Frontier Airlines card that we used to use.

I agree. I have used it for lots of free travel! I love the fact that it isn't limited to one company like the Carnival card which is horrible for return. You can earn rewards twice as fast with Cap One since you earn double points on every dollar spent, not just on Carnival purchases. Love my Cap One Venture Card!

well, if we are going to brag about credit cards. i'll play the game. i have the bank of america preferred travel rewards visa card. this gives the standard 1.5 points per dollar spent. but i am platinum honors status with the card which gives me another 75% bonus on top of the 1.5 point per dollar spent. so this makes the total of 2.6 points per dollar spent. and you have a full year to go back and redeem the points on a previous travel purchase.

I'll join the game.

American Express Blue Preferred - 6% back at grocery stores, which is where I purchase all my Carnival gift cards. I time this with the 4X fuel points from my local Bakers/Krogers. When you calculate the money saved on fuel and the percentage back, I'm essentially getting 20% off Carnival gift cards every month (just a shift in the savings). They also have the Amex offers which usually has at least one that can be used for payment on Carnival annually (this is my third year getting an offer, along with various other offers that are beneficial).

I also have the Southwest cards and earned a companion pass.

I would suggest calling Cap1 and ask to switch to the Quicksilver. They sent us the same card number and that was It. It was a no-brainer as there's still no annual fee. It has a 1.5% vs 1.25% redemption rate.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Huh. I have a Cap 1 Quicksilver card and I get no rewards whatsoever, which is why I got the Carnival Mastercard.

I will echo the OP's comments. We got a Venture card sometime last year. To date, we have never paid a cent of interest on it and we put everything we possibly can onto that card. We pay it off every month. We did have to pay the annual fee not too long ago when the card hit the one year old mark, but in return, the rewards have paid for nearly all our shore excursions on our last cruise as well as our entire round trip airfare to get to/from the port city. If you've got the determination to avoid paying interest, then the rewards on the Venture card are fantastic.

The irony of this is that it was the Carnival Mastercard that caused us to get the Venture card. After booking our second cruise with Carnival, we were playing around on the site and saw the ad for the Carnival card. We considered switching over for the rewards, but then found that the rewards were very lackluster. But that sparked the idea of getting a travel rewards card which eventually led us to the Venture as the best for us and our usage.

You should be getting cash back.

Oops, yes, you are right. I DO get cash back with that card. Husband has a Chase Rewards card that can linked to use points on Amazon but the Cap One can't be linked so I always think it doesn't have rewards.

I also have various hotel/airline cards which give me “free” hotel rooms every year (one is IHG and after the first year it’s $49 annual fee and a free anniversary night each year). With the initial sign up bonuses, there are lots of goodies to be had. Even with the annual fees, I still come out ahead with luggage fees waived when either I or others on my itinerary travel amongst other benefits. For my Platinum Delta SkyMiles Card I also get a companion pass each year which I usually give to a family member. With that card and my other Amex ones, I was able to add the Carnival offer saving $100 per $500 as well several times over.

I have lots of different CCs all with their own purpose. Rarely do I pay for airfare and never hotels. My main, everyday card is the Cap One Venture though. Everything gets charged to it like tv, phones, groceries, etc and then pay it off.

Each CC has it’s time of when I use it and I don’t pay interest. It’s really a smart way to do things and if you do it right, you can get tons of sign on bonuses all the while maintaining an over 800 credit score.

Huh. I have a Cap 1 Quicksilver card and I get no rewards whatsoever, which is why I got the Carnival Mastercard.

That's odd. My rewards appear as soon as the transaction is posted.

We have a Delta Gold card, Barclay Arrival Plus, and a Sapphire Reserve. All three had great sign up bonuses and just keeping the Arrival when the annual fee comes up. The delta card is our primary card right now as they are giving 7000 points for every $2000 we spend up to 21000 points. We got the offer in the mail. I guess they noticed we stopped using it lol. The Sapphire gave us the best deal as it almost paid for all 4 of our Ireland tickets and gave us free insurance in Ireland which only chase does and free Global entry fee. Delta card did get us $100 off a cruise.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

I'll plug the Citi Double Cash card here. No fee and effective 2% cash back (1% when you make the purchase, and 1% when you pay the bill).

That reminds me. I also have the Citi Diamond Platinum Rewards Card that gives me CitiEasyDeals. We all know what that means - 10% off Carnival Gift Cards [emoji3]. They keep sending me an offer to switch to Double Cash for no charge and I’m able to keep my same card number. No thanks! Not until there aren’t any more GCs as part of their rewards or I stop cruising Carnival. I have more points right now than I think I can spend.

We love our C1 Venture, even though you only get a 2% return when redeeming miles for travel purchases. If not redeemed for an eligible travel purchase, you only get a 1% return on miles. Gave me a CL over 20k when Discover wouldn't raise my limit past 2k. So, after that, I was like, "Bye Felicia!"

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

On the Venture card, do you have to book your travel through a certain agency or are you able to book it anywhere you want?

We have a Hilton Honors card (VISA) and must book travel through a specific agency when using points for cruise certificates.

I've also discovered that the points on our American Express card transfer to our Hilton account at a rate of 1:1.5 (ie, 10 AE points = 15 Hilton points).

Considering swapping the Hilton card out for a different card, as DH (diamond member at HH) cannot use the card for his expenses at the hotel (must use corporate card).