Burj Khalifa

Wire Fox Terrier

Hi Everyone

We're on Splendour of the Seas in March and were wondering if anyone could advise on the Burj Khalifa in regard to:

1) what time to go if you want to see the sunset?

2) is it worth the extra money to go to the Sky Lounge on the 148th floor? Do you miss all of the queues this way?

Thanks very much

Heather

Hi there.

Sunset in the region is around 7 pm or a bit earlier, pretty much year round.

So if you book a time slot for say 5.30 / 5.45, you can hang around on top until the sun sets.

But actually I fund the sun RISES a lot more spectacular. But that's EARLY! Around 05.30. We observed these from the hotel next door. (The one that caught fire on New Years eve...)

Check the Burj Khalifa website, where everything is explained very nicely!

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae.

We have only been at level 125, and that was lovely. Not sure that the VIEW a bit higher up would be a lot different.

Hi

Thanks for your advice. It'll be the sunset slot for me - I don't think I'd be up early enough for the sunrise!

I'd almost booked The Address hotel you mention because it looked amazing, but we eventually decided on Fairmont The Palm, and considering what happened, I'm glad we did.

Still can't decide which level to go to. I believe booking the higher level means that you don't have to queue, so that's a consideration...

Kind regards

Heather

Hi, Heather

Unless things have recently changed, the only time you have to line up is in case you do not pre-book a time slot to take the lifts.

On the website you can chose time-slots for the day you want to go and book accordingly. then you show up a few minutes before the booked time, just as if taking a flight.

By pre-booking the tickets the prices are (were?) significantly cheaper than when just showing up.