Chef's Table- a picture review!

hpugirl27

I was on the Victory last week and attended the Chef's Table for the first time! It was amazing! I took pictures of all of the courses and wrote a review about it here if anyone is interested!

If you have any questions, let me know!

For the Victory is was held in the Library on the last night of the 3 day cruise.

Nice review the food looks amazing. I will be on the Victory in November I will have to look into this. How was the food in the main dinning room? Do you know where I can find a menu?

The food was really good in the main dining room, some of the best we've had on Carnival. It's still the old menus. This website has a good list of menus.

That looks AMAZING. Probably something that wouldn't work for a vegetarian tho I'm guessing? My hubby is one and so I'm guessing not worth it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was really good! They do ask ahead of time if people have food allergies or preferences....but there was a good amount of meat on the menu, so I don't know that they could/would switch all of those courses. Maybe someone else could chime in if they know? Otherwise it might be something to do with a friend or other family member you might cruise with. It's a wonderful experience though if you get to try it!

That looks AMAZING. Probably something that wouldn't work for a vegetarian tho I'm guessing? My hubby is one and so I'm guessing not worth it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a post I found from a few years ago.

Chefs love a challenge and would probably enjoy creating a memorable vegetarian meal.

When I did the Chefs table on the Elation there was a couple that were vegetarian and did not drink alcohol. They had what looked like a delicious Indian full course meal with fruit juices..

Very nice review and great pictures. I have always wanted to do this, but after reading your review and seeing the pictures....I think I will wait until they change up the menu a bit.

I don't think I would be as brave as you were and try all the raw and odd things...I'm a wuss when it comes to food! Looking at your pics, I would enjoy the bread, the soup, and the dessert....lol

Very nice review and great pictures. I have always wanted to do this, but after reading your review and seeing the pictures....I think I will wait until they change up the menu a bit.

I don't think I would be as brave as you were and try all the raw and odd things...I'm a wuss when it comes to food! Looking at your pics, I would enjoy the bread, the soup, and the dessert....lol

I was a little nervous with some of it, but it was actually really good. Like I said, the beef carpaccio might have been my favorite of the whole night and I would have never thought that going into it!

We loved every bite, if we knew there was going to be so much food, we would have paced ourselves better. We could barely finish the last course or dessert.

I know what you mean! I knew how much food there would be and I still had trouble with the last course and dessert! haha.

Great review and fun to see it again as it's been a year and a half since we had this menu. I'll never forget the look on hubby's face when the Mango Sphere tray came a jigglin' out. It was horror! He whispered to me that he can't do egg yolk. It turned out great and fun and I had told him that I highly doubted they were going to make a group of people all eat raw egg yolk :D

Looking forward to the Chef's Table on the Vista. I hear the menu is new. I have our confirmation and can't wait!

Great review and fun to see it again as it's been a year and a half since we had this menu. I'll never forget the look on hubby's face when the Mango Sphere tray came a jigglin' out. It was horror! He whispered to me that he can't do egg yolk. It turned out great and fun and I had told him that I highly doubted they were going to make a group of people all eat raw egg yolk :D

Looking forward to the Chef's Table on the Vista. I hear the menu is new. I have our confirmation and can't wait!

haha, yes, the "egg yolk" did scare a lot of people! Especially since it was the very first course so no one knew what to expect.

Ooo, have fun with it on the Vista, I would love to hear about that one too!

haha, yes, the "egg yolk" did scare a lot of people! Especially since it was the very first course so no one knew what to expect.

Ooo, have fun with it on the Vista, I would love to hear about that one too!

I know! I'm really excited for that. I'm not good at taking food pictures so hopefully there will be someone who does a nice review like yours. :)