Rijksmuseum at sea

marysb

Has anyone experienced or participated in this. How does it play out onboard?

.Just on sea days? .... on all itineraries? ... Tacked on to art actions?

Sounds very interesting to me.

Much more than a floating art museum, Rijksmuseum at Sea is a creative salon where guests can be inspired by the museum’s collection to create their own works of art – through drawing, photography or just doodling. Every day, guests will experience a new masterpiece and learn a new technique. We’ll supply the sketch pads, pencils, inspiration and encouragement.

When you draw, you see things you never noticed before. You see proportions, details, colors, lines. Much like what happens when you travel aboard a cruise ship; it's all about the journey.

Rijksmuseum at Sea will feature a bright studio space featuring life-sized reproductions of artworks from the Rijksmuseum, drawing tables, sketch books, pencils, friendly instructors and everything guests need to create their own masterpieces.]

Did this project ever get realized on a ship? I remember Oosterdam was supposed to be first, but, as one says, I've heard squat.

I Got the info from the current website. Interesting that no one has seen it. The description sounds like it's up and running.

Mary

I wonder if this is the new "Gallery Bar" which I have read they are converting the old Northern Lights to? Read on another thread about that so that is I assume where this will be. But don't believe it has been converted on all ships yet. Would also like to hear about this from recent cruisers???

Jane

I wonder if this is the new "Gallery Bar" which I have read they are converting the old Northern Lights to? Read on another thread about that so that is I assume where this will be. But don't believe it has been converted on all ships yet. Would also like to hear about this from recent cruisers???

Jane

I was wondering that also. We shall see:)

I was wondering that also. We shall see:)

I did look on HAL website and mention of Northern Lights is gone. Now just lists Galary Bar but don't make it clear where the Ricjksmuseum at sea is. Guess we will see and hopefully recent cruisers will give us the answers.

Jane