Wedding ceremony on Ship

DAMNGOODCRUISER

We haven't had a wedding ourselves but I've seen a wedding on Splendida, so until someone who comes along that has, this is what we thought as onlookers.

It was a sea day so we had lots of time. The wedding took place in the Atrium and we were sat at the bar above, so it worked VERY well. The staff took a long time over preparing the area with rose petals, and creating a sort of aisle for the bride to walk down. The co-ordination and planning seemed very good.

The wedding itself was short. It was nice that the bride came down in the glass lift and then down the 'sparkling' staircase on the arm of an officer, but the ceremony itself seemed to take no more than around 5- 10 minutes. Afterwards the guests and the happy couple had a cake. That was it.

If it were me and it was for a renewal of vows then it would have been just okay, but with so many onlookers it wasn't very personal. If it were my wedding I would want something a lot more romantic, although you may be different. Hopefully someone will come along who has experienced the whole thing themselves and can tell you first hand. Whatever you decide Congratulations and Good Luck!

Oh bless you that's very kind. We've been married for 25 years so we're not that young anymore!

I'm sure they will make a big fuss of you, both the staff and onlookers, and I'm also sure you'll have a wonderful day to remember. Please post some photos after the event I'd love to see them.

I just got back from a week on the Armonia.

There was a wedding ceremony held in the disco during the day (when it's normally closed). I didn't attend it personally, but it seems to have been more private than the one mentioned in the post above.

We were on Divina back in April and accidentally took the elevator up the the Galaxy Disco not realizing there was a wedding reception taking place,,,,Bride and groom looked great!!!!! Food looked amazing as well!!!:D

Wow. This sounds pretty amazing. They don't tell you the plan until you are on board. We will have 2 friends with us. We are planning on our children, if they can.

DamnGood Congrats!!!! Are you planning on tying the knot onboard the ship or at a port destination? We are seriously considering doing the same,,but only if Captain Pier Paolo Scala officiates the ceremony!!:D Here's some more info for you,,,hope this helps,,,

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/msc-cruises-offers-new-wedding-program-divina-49979

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/An-MSC-Cruise/Special-Occasions/Ceremonies-On-Board.aspx

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/msc-cruises-enhances-wedding-program-in-the-caribbean-300029147.html

Baby, The sites you posted were very helpful. Thank you.

Mikesea, We are going to have the ceremony on the ship. They say it will be a sea day. Will need to talk to wedding planner before hand , but find out the particulars onboard. We don't need a big fuss. We've both been widowed twice, so we have had weddings in the past. Besides that, we are pretty old. But never to old for a little romance.

Has anyone had the wedding ceremony on the Divina? We are considering this in Dec. Curious as to how you liked it. Thank you for any input.

Good Evening,

We renewed our vows for our 35th wedding anniversary Dec. 21st, 2014 during our Christmas cruise on the Divina.

It was absolutely fabulous! One of the officers came to the cabin and walked me to the glass elevator and we walked down the crystal staircase because I had requested the atrium for the ceremony. When you first get on the ship you will need to go to the guest services and ask for the wedding co-ordinator and they will come out and set all the plans in motion. They had a beautiful white bouquet of roses for me when I got down the stairs. The entire atrium was beautifully decorated with white flowers in pedestals. The Captain preformed the ceremony. They had a beautiful 2 tier cake for us and Champagne. I had requested a special champagne and it was there. We had the string quartet for our music.

We also received the picture package with our vow renewal. They took us anywhere on the ship we wanted to go for 1 hour, which turned into 2 hours.

The cake that we didn't eat at the ceremony they brought to the dining room and we shared with the people around us.

Since I was still in my wedding dress when we went to dinner the waiters and assistant waiter made a big deal when they brought out the cake singing the anniversary song to us.

In my opinion it was all very the money we spent.

I'll try to post some of the pictures that they did for us.

Hope this helps,

Gerry

1658156233_VowRenewalDec212014-4.jpg.72219aa90f62de372020d0789cc3829b.jpg

123092380_VowRenewalDec212014-1.jpg.8724b4ba30e8a1bd099eb294bca8c071.jpg

785398888_VowRenewalDec212014-12.jpg.7ad5ead26401b71080ed3af7674a073a.jpg

533782996_VowRenewalDec212014-17.jpg.5cccce1990b5da50a2219eecc22887b5.jpg

1448458795_VowRenewalDec212014-18.jpg.996cbdcce3e52b62e7be60b0d25238db.jpg

1175460582_VowRenewalDec212014-24.jpg.c663ceb9473f2c855cc1aba2857c1f63.jpg

Edited by TNGALOHA

• 2 weeks later...