Which ship? Oh, which ship? :-)

sjpo

Been offered Costa Deliziosa, Mediterranea, neo_Romantica and neo_Riviera as options for a cruise in November. I am not new to Costa, but somehow finding hard to decide (perhaps because each itinerary has at least one port I have not visited yet). Just for fun, which ship would you pick?

Thanks!

Been offered Costa Deliziosa, Mediterranea, neo_Romantica and neo_Riviera as options for a cruise in November. I am not new to Costa, but somehow finding hard to decide (perhaps because each itinerary has at least one port I have not visited yet). Just for fun, which ship would you pick?

Thanks!

Having not been on the Neo ships and on the Deliziosa and Mediterranea a couple times each...

Mediterranea for me.

Having not been on the Neo ships and on the Deliziosa and Mediterranea a couple times each...

Mediterranea for me.

Agreed-Been on CCL`s Miracle twice and Legend once, love the layout of the Spirit class ships. We`ll be on the Mediterranea in 2 weeks.

Agreed-Been on CCL`s Miracle twice and Legend once, love the layout of the Spirit class ships. We`ll be on the Mediterranea in 2 weeks.

We have also been on the Costa Atlantica before it was moved to Asia. Really like that ship too. Spirit class is our favorite.

Actually not sure anymore if booking Mediterranea. By mistake Costa gave my travel agent the rates if the booking was made in Austria, but as I live in Germany they are asking for 200 Euros more. I find it annoying that somebody with an address 300 km away can get a much better price so now reconsidering. Mostly do Costa because of the Club benefits, but feeling cheated on this occasion.

Actually not sure anymore if booking Mediterranea. By mistake Costa gave my travel agent the rates if the booking was made in Austria, but as I live in Germany they are asking for 200 Euros more. I find it annoying that somebody with an address 300 km away can get a much better price so now reconsidering. Mostly do Costa because of the Club benefits, but feeling cheated on this occasion.

I've been hit a couple of times like this, first time cruise was sold out in Germany, so booked via UK, saved money, another time cruise dropped by €800 and Costa wouldn't do anything so cancelled.

Why not try an Austrian (for non Europeans Austria is the country without kangaroos) TA?

Thanks but problem is that my Costa Club card has a German address, so could only book without it and would need an address in Austria.

I can understand promotions to gain market share but the difference sometimes is really great and one feels like been asked to pay more to subsidize the cruise for those who pay much less, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but apparently, in the case of travel packages, etc, because of taxes, one has to be a resident of the country :-( Either way, I think I will book it, on German more expensive prices. What makes it worse is that I am travelling alone so, the annoying supplement is also more expensive than in Austria... But many thanks!

I noticed the same crazy prices on various sites. I'm American and my husband is Italian but we live in France so we were comparing all 3 sites (have addresses for all 3). The Prices on the U.S. Site were 500 euros or higher and the Italian site was a little cheaper but not by much. We went with the French site only because they let you pay over 3-5 months with your carte bancaire, seemed easier mentally to break up the price lol post back with what ship you picked!

I booked my Diadema trip on board Mediterranea,rep booked me with Costa France even though I'm a Canadian resident. She offered me a price too good to refuse, although

a) no waterusa package

b) service charge is part of the contract rather than a "gratuity".

I only know the total, I have no idea how much was cruise fare and how much taxes.

I pay up front

a) I calculate the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar that day, decide if I can afford the cruise at that amount

b) the interest rates in Canada are so low, the actual interest I'm losing is negligible

c) I don't have to plan for a big bill on final payment date.

When I was on Deliziosa a couple of years ago the sales rep could take a booking from an American but not a Canadian, even though I normally deal with Costa USA, she had no idea why, but this time, I could.

Interesting option. I have never booked while on board. Did you have to pay a deposit?

I have booked onboard in the past for a future cruise too. We didn't have to pay a deposit right away. Waited to hand off the reservation to our TA when we returned. Some cruises are not book able to certain countries/nationalities at times, we have come across that being from the USA.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but apparently, in the case of travel packages, etc, because of taxes, one has to be a resident of the country :-( Either way, I think I will book it, on German more expensive prices. What makes it worse is that I am travelling alone so, the annoying supplement is also more expensive than in Austria... But many thanks!

Decide what cruise you want and book online via costakreuzfahrten.at site.

The taxes thing is rubbish or at best an excuse as on a cruise the taxes are paid at the ports. So if the port taxes for Rome at €12pp then it is €12 whether you book from AT, DE or IE or wherever.

As an EU citizen they cannot refuse to sell you the product - it is not illegal to have different prices cross border but they cannot refuse to sell a DE citizen an package marketed to Austrians - only difference if it is a fly-cruise if you buy an Austrian package - you must fly from an AT airport!

I am Irish and have used costakreuzfahrten.de on three occasions.

I also have received quotes from AIDA.

Thanks for that. Actually the taxes I was told would be a problem were local sales taxes (or VAT even in some cases) rather than the port taxes.

I certainly will try that with Costa in the UK as their prices for November are even better than the ones offered in Austria.

When I did Diadema with a friend last year, we got a good offer here which was more or less the same as the UK price. He is a UK resident and we booked through here without a problem but I was the 'main' pax.