Norwegian Epic - Transatlantic - Orlando to Barcelona - 04/01/2017

hazhap

Your thermal spa pass is now available!

Happy New Year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it my imagination but has the price of the Spa Pass gone up by a large amount? :( I have not bought my Spa Pass yet but will wait until I have spoken to my NCL Personal Cruise Consultant when I get home after my Christmas/New Year break with friends.

Greetings all!

I've been lurking on the other roll-call for this cruise, but totally forgot to check in here! So, howdy!

I'm Greg, traveling with my partner, Jeremy. We will be in a Spa Mini..... snagged the primo one with the triple-wide balcony (14118).

This will be our first T/A, and our longest cruise to date. Our last cruise was April 2016, we did the Hawaii-Vancouver on Celebrity. We enjoyed the sea days, so I'm sure we'll be able to handle the additional days on this one.

We are leaving Phoenix around March 28th to head to Orlando for a few days with some friends..... then we've booked 3 nights in Barcelona at the conclusion.

Looking forward to meeting you all aboard the Epic!

Greg:):)

Edited by Flybear

Howdy again!

Wanted to add......

I just booked seats for Priscilla. They only had April 7th or 9th available, so I chose 7th at 10pm.

I booked Burn the Floor on April 11th at 9:30pm.

Any suggestions on Cirque? Early or late? Regular or Premium seating?

Oh the choices to make......?!?!

Plus, flying home standby we always give ourselves a few days to get home ........Allen

Stand-by travel....? Are you, by chance, airline employees?

My partner and I are both airline..... He's UAL, and I'm DL. I was just curious! :-)

Flybear.... we also booked Priscilla on the 7th @ 10, Burn the floor on the 11th @ 9:30, and have Cirque reserved on the 8th @9:30 in regular seating. We have done the Cirque before and found that all the seats were good and the show is amazing..... especially the bathtub act!!! Would be fun to do these activities with others in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flybear.... we also booked Priscilla on the 7th @ 10, Burn the floor on the 11th @ 9:30, and have Cirque reserved on the 8th @9:30 in regular seating. We have done the Cirque before and found that all the seats were good and the show is amazing..... especially the bathtub act!!! Would be fun to do these activities with others in the group.

In consultation with the other half, it was decided (by him!) that we would be doing the early Cirque on 06April. He didn't want to be dining at 9:30pm. I guess he thinks we're 80-somethings now. {insert eye-roll here!}

We debated the early show/dinner as well but then it would interfere with the LGBT gathering for cocktail hour. Plus we feel 6:30 is too early for 50+ers who don't want to attend the "early bird special"!

We debated the early show/dinner as well but then it would interfere with the LGBT gathering for cocktail hour. Plus we feel 6:30 is too early for 50+ers who don't want to attend the "early bird special"!

What time is the LGBT cocktail hour?

We have signed up for Burn the Floor on April 3 @ 7PM, Cirque on April 8 @ 6:30PM, and Priscilla on April 9 @ 7PM. While I'm not old, sitting through a show in the evening is not a good recipe for my actually seeing the show especially the later it is. Lol

I have booked my place in the Spa and bought the Spa Pass. The UK price came down a little after a few days of availability, but not by much. When I spoke with my UK Personal Cruise Consultant (the lovely Margaret Forbes-Welch actually sat in an office in Malta) she told me that the spa pass prices had gone up a lot, not helped by the fall in the value of Sterling since the Brexit vote.

I have not booked to see Priscilla or Burn as I have seen both and also I will be staying on the Epic when we arrive in Barcelona. I will be joined then by a friend from Ibiza who will be doing his first cruise so we will do both shows during Atlantic Islands cruise.

The LGBT gathering is usually held at 19:00hrs in Shakers and on the Atlantic crossings there is usually a big turnout.

I made my final payment a couple of days ago ..........Not long now!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. David and Joseph from California here. It's looking like we will be on this T/A with you. This will be our 3rd T/A on the Epic (plus last year on the Jade). 2011/2014/2016. We will be traveling with our kids who are now 7/8/9. Each time we go we are getting to spend more time with the FOD crowd - and hopefully this year will be the best yet! Looking forward to meeting you all and possible visiting with some we have met before.

Hi All. David and Joseph from California here. It's looking like we will be on this T/A with you. This will be our 3rd T/A on the Epic (plus last year on the Jade). 2011/2014/2016. We will be traveling with our kids who are now 7/8/9. Each time we go we are getting to spend more time with the FOD crowd - and hopefully this year will be the best yet! Looking forward to meeting you all and possible visiting with some we have met before.

Welcome! This is my husband and my first time on Epic and doing a transatlantic. Any advice given your past experiences doing transatlantics on this particular ship?

Were your past cruises during this same time of year? If so, what was the weather like?

Hey there "dresterj"! Most of our T/A's have been in the spring. They have always left later in April. We have had everything in terms of weather, so we are going on this one with no expectations. There have been days when the pools are covered because of high seas, rainy days, and some nice days. Take advantage of sunny days early on if we have them! Last year on the Jade (April 16) we had nice weather 75% of the time. We like the Epic because it is a big ship, lots to do, lots of places to walk around inside, and traditionally a great crowd of diverse people. Even if the weather isn't the best, it still is a great 2 weeks! cheers! David

Darrell and I have also been on three transatlantic crossings, one on The Epic. We've also found that the first few days are pretty nice on route to Bermuda and then the weather tends to turn to cloudy rainy and a little bit cool. Hopefully this time we'll get some nice weather for the entire Crossing. You'll want to take advantage of the first few days of sunshine and warmth to be able to use the waterslides on the upper deck. I turn into a 12-year-old kid every time I get on a waterslide, especially the funnel one on The Epic. Hopefully others will want to do the waterslides as well as Darrell is a big chicken.

Welcome aboard!

I also have done T/As on the Epic in 2011 and 2014 plus the Jade in 2016 so for sure I will recognise you.

Not long now!

Kevin

Welcome aboard!

I also have done T/As on the Epic in 2011 and 2014 plus the Jade in 2016 so for sure I will recognise you.

Not long now!

Kevin

Hi Kevin. I am sure we must have met! Looking forward to meeting you again! Is that coincidence or do you do the T/As every year? David

Hi Kevin. I am sure we must have met! Looking forward to meeting you again! Is that coincidence or do you do the T/As every year? David

Hi David!

I am 100% sure that we have met even though I do not think we have had any long conversations. This time we must put that right.

I do TAs every year but not always with NCL. Last November I did a very interesting itinerary on the Navigator of the Seas from Southampton to Miami with stops in Boston and overnight in Manhattan. Unfortunately, I did not get to see much of Boston due to the poor onboard management on the Navigator. I have to say I always get more enjoyment by traveling alone on the NCL TAs.

Not long now!

Kevin

Edited by Dorothy's Friend

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the prices for this cruise now!!!!???? All of a sudden, on the UK site at least, it seems that all the inside, studio and balcony cabins have sold out and the unsold grades are at sky high prices. If this crossing is so full then it is very unusual in my experience. I cannot help thinking that grades that are showing as 'sold out' now will suddenly reappear as available in a couple of weeks time:rolleyes:. What do you think?

Not long now!:D

Kevin