Norwegian Epic - Transatlantic - Orlando to Barcelona - 04/01/2017

hazhap

A bit early I know... But the price on this one this far ahead is unbeatable!

We're one couple, and 1 single traveler (in a studio) already booked for this 14 day transatlantic. Hope to see many more of you sign up soon!

Glad we found this site and saw your posting! 2 gay cpls, 2 lesbian cpls, and 4 single friends just put our deposits on 4 balcony rooms. Hope to meet many people on this trip! This will be a first ever cruise for most of us, have you all gone on cruises before?? Do you plan to stay in Europe for long after the cruise??!!

Wow.. quite a group there. Two of us have cruised several times. This will be our solo friend's first cruise. We do plan to stay in Europe for the rest of April after Barcelona, but we can't really plan what, where, and how long for sure this far ahead. Right now we're thinking Eurail passes and wander our way to London or Copenhagen and fly home from there, but who knows.

Glad there's going to be a nice little LGBT mix on the ship tho :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Husband and I just booked cabin 12257. Love the Epic, our first cruise was on it back in 2012, lots to see and do onboard. Post cruise we will spend a couple of days in Barcelona, then a week in Rome before returning home to South Florida.

503 days to go... [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My partner Darrell and I (Allen) have recently booked and put down our deposit on a balcony room for this sailing! We did this cruise 4 years ago and are excited to be returning to The Epic! We both love this ship!

Like Hazhap, we too thought this price for the trip was too good to pass up!

Plus they threw in the booze package and a small onboard ship credit! I noticed today that NCL is now offering TWO incentive packages if you book by the 30thNov, 2015. Not worth rebooking just yet as the price hasn't changed.

Hope to meet a lot of you at the FOD gatherings and hopefully join up for many dinners and evenings together!

Allen and Darell

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

My husband and I just booked this cruise. We have cruised before, but never a transatlantic or anything this long. We had been discussing a transatlantic for the many sea days and when I saw the prices on this crisis, we could not resist. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Hello all,

My husband and I just booked this cruise. We have cruised before, but never a transatlantic or anything this long. We had been discussing a transatlantic for the many sea days and when I saw the prices on this crisis, we could not resist. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We done a few trannys now with other liners but this is the first time on NCL. They are a great way to really get the most out of a ship and usually they have extra activities on them.

Keeping a eye out for flights!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just reviving this conversation.

Is everyone still booked on this cruise? We moved from a regular balcony to an aft-balcony.

We just booked our return flight. We also have a hotel reservation for a few days after the cruise in Barcelona. Next (in a few months), we will start thinking about activities.

How is everyone's planning coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Darrell and I are still booked and not planning on changing that. We have our flights down to Florida booked but will be flying home standby from Barcelona as I work for an airline. Getting to the cruise is way more important than flying home so we always buy a one way to arrive a day or 2 before departure. We will be heading for home the day the cruise docks. We have been to Barcelona before and we only have 2 weeks vacation to use this time around. Plus, flying home standby we always give ourselves a few days to get home in case flights are full and we need to make alternate plans.

Looking forward to the trip and meeting you all onboard.

Allen

• 2 weeks later...

I have just this afternoon booked this Atlantic crossing. I had planned on waiting until the last minute to see if I could get a deal but then noticed that there seemed to be issues with flights from the UK to Orlando at this time. Cutting a very long and confused story short I have bought a package through NCL with a direct AA flight from London Gatwick to Orlando on the 31st March. When we arrive in Barcelona I will remain on the Epic as I already have the cruise to the Canaries booked.

I have been on the Epic many times and it is one of my favourite ships, especially on Atlantic crossings. The Spa can be particularly interesting and fun on the Atlantic crossings.:o;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang, I'm thinking of this cruise as a solo. I have always wanted to do a TA, and this would fall over my birthday with is one of those numbers that end with an "0" so I thought what better chance. My concern is going solo for such a long sailing. Is there usually a lot of "family" of the TA's?

Hi gang, I'm thinking of this cruise as a solo. I have always wanted to do a TA, and this would fall over my birthday with is one of those numbers that end with an "0" so I thought what better chance. My concern is going solo for such a long sailing. Is there usually a lot of "family" of the TA's?

I have done 3 cruises on Epic and out of all the cruiselines in my opinion NCL is the best for solo travellers.

I am travelling solo also

They have a dorothy meeting at 7 if I remember and lots of people rock up.

Im sure others who have been on NCL more would probably agree.

I think that all cruise lines have good and bad points I think NCL good is the solo traveller friendly

:)

see you on 1st April

Stephen

I have lost count of how many cruises I have done on the Norwegian Epic. There are always quite a few 'family' who come along to the 19:00hrs get togethers in Shakers, but especially so on the TAs. The spa pass is also popular on the TAs on the Epic, another way of getting to know fellow family.

I will be travelling solo, as often I do, and I am looking forward to this crossing and then staying on the Epic to do the Morocco & Canary Islands Cruise.:D

I have lost count of how many cruises I have done on the Norwegian Epic. There are always quite a few 'family' who come along to the 19:00hrs get togethers in Shakers' date=' but especially so on the TAs. The spa pass is also popular on the TAs on the Epic, another way of getting to know fellow family.

I will be travelling solo, as often I do, and I am looking forward to this crossing and then staying on the Epic to do the Morocco & Canary Islands Cruise.:D[/quote']

You are on my navigator transatlantic as well

Looking forward to catching up with you

;)

• 2 months later...

I checked the website last night and it looks like the thermal spa passes were finally made available and are already sold out. I'll check again in a few days, as I hope that isn't the case! Perhaps it was just a glitch in the system. I know they will be in demand for this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked the website last night and it looks like the thermal spa passes were finally made available and are already sold out. I'll check again in a few days, as I hope that isn't the case! Perhaps it was just a glitch in the system. I know they will be in demand for this cruise.

I was under the impression out was sold 90 days prior to sailing so that should make it next week

I hope they have not sold out

I think I would cancel the cruise, I live in the Mandara Spa!

I hope not :eek: I look forward to my afternoons in the Spa on these TAs.;)