Norwegian Epic - Transatlantic - Orlando to Barcelona - 04/01/2017

hazhap

Kevin. I have noticed, and it does seem different than what I have noticed in the past. I have a feeling you are right. From what I could see, there are only 8 rooms (spa and haven) open today, so we'll see if those other rooms open back up as soon as those last 8 are filled. We booked the Jade last year 3 days before it left Houston and there was still quite a few rooms left to choose from. (though the Haven was sold out at that point). On another note.. I realized the other day that in 2011 we had a Facebook page for our LGBT Epic T/A. I still have the link to the group on my FB page. I had forgotten all about that! (my memory is not what it use to be)

Kevin. I have noticed, and it does seem different than what I have noticed in the past. I have a feeling you are right. From what I could see, there are only 8 rooms (spa and haven) open today, so we'll see if those other rooms open back up as soon as those last 8 are filled. We booked the Jade last year 3 days before it left Houston and there was still quite a few rooms left to choose from. (though the Haven was sold out at that point). On another note.. I realized the other day that in 2011 we had a Facebook page for our LGBT Epic T/A. I still have the link to the group on my FB page. I had forgotten all about that! (my memory is not what it use to be)

Since last weekend the prices and availability seem to have changed by the hour. Late on Tuesday there were no studios available but plenty of inside and balcony cabins at good prices were. This afternoon a friend in Chile suddenly showed an interest in doing this crossing. In Chile on the .com NCL there was no availability showing but when I looked on the .co.uk NCL there were two studios showing available at good prices. Three hours later there is now only one studio showing available and no inside or balcony.

Since last weekend the prices and availability seem to have changed by the hour. Late on Tuesday there were no studios available but plenty of inside and balcony cabins at good prices were. This afternoon a friend in Chile suddenly showed an interest in doing this crossing. In Chile on the .com NCL there was no availability showing but when I looked on the .co.uk NCL there were two studios showing available at good prices. Three hours later there is now only one studio showing available and no inside or balcony.

Yes, something weird is happening. I've also noticed the sporadic changes in availability.

Was your friend able to book the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, something weird is happening. I've also noticed the sporadic changes in availability.

Was your friend able to book the trip?

I have now found out that a further friend of mine had attempted to book this crossing. One was told that there was only one Haven Suite available at $6000 for two sharing and the other has been put on a waiting/standby list.

When I looked at the NCL .co.uk website earlier this crossing does not appear any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Andrew here with Alex, my husband. We booked this cruise over a year ago and finally it's a little over 3 weeks away... can't wait!

The Epic was our first cruise, did a TA April 2012 from Miami to Barcelona.

Kevin, I think I remember you from that trip!

We're in a mini suite, but were offered an opportunity to bid on a Haven suite and we did. I've been monitoring the cabin availability, (to determine our chances of getting the upgrade) and also noted strange variations on a day to day basis, today the us site showed nothing at all available!

Anyway, looking forward to the trip and hopefully meeting everyone on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have now found out that a further friend of mine had attempted to book this crossing. One was told that there was only one Haven Suite available at $6000 for two sharing and the other has been put on a waiting/standby list.

When I looked at the NCL .co.uk website earlier this crossing does not appear any more.

If your friends are still interested. There are now balcony guarantees for $899 on US site. However, as other have mentioned, there is no certainty about how long this will be there. I noticed this offering a couple weeks ago. But between then and now there have been periods when this cruise did not show up in search results on the US NCL site.

Hi All, so sad that I am not on this cruise :mad: with all of you, but have a question about the Spa for those that have been on the Epic. Does it have a steam and a sauna ? Is it co-ed, or is there a men's section and a women's section ? Thanks a million, and have a fantastic time together.

• 2 weeks later...
We are two lesbians from Australia would be great to meet up with everyone! We are do both cruises. Jenny and Jeannette

Hi Jenny and Jeanette! Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you!

David and Joseph

This is our (David and Peter) fourth or fifth crossing on the Epic. Does anyone remember when that computer company cancelled 800+ rooms and the ship was quite comfortable....remember the nude sundeck....remember the Miss Epic pageant.....remember Terry, or Jay and Rod?

This is our (David and Peter) fourth or fifth crossing on the Epic. Does anyone remember when that computer company cancelled 800+ rooms and the ship was quite comfortable....remember the nude sundeck....remember the Miss Epic pageant.....remember Terry, or Jay and Rod?

No, I never heard of these events. When was this?

Hi There Jenny and Jeannette! Darrell and Allen from Canada and counting down the days until we're sailing across the Atlantic. Looking forward to meeting you on board at the LGBT Gatherings to share a few cocktails, dinners and fun evenings together with everyone!! See you soon!!

We are two lesbians from Australia would be great to meet up with everyone! We are do both cruises. Jenny and Jeannette

Welcome! See you soon (less than 2 week, yay!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

@scott85255

Hi there! Got off the Epic about 3 weeks ago, and to answer your question, there is a small steam room and a dry sauna in the men's locker room, but access is controlled by the spa's front desk staff. To gain entry, you will need to purchase a spa pass on board or before your cruise starts.