QM2 - Feather pillows!

Devon Bloke

The first time we did a TA on the QM2 - I found the pillows really hard and didn't sleep too well. The next time we were on the QM2, I asked our stateroom steward if we could have feather pillows. And she got us a load; in fact so many, that the stateroom looked more like a concubines boudoir from the Ottoman Empire! (and we were just lowly Brittania Inside Cabin Prols!) Is it still possible to ask our steward this time - or is this now only allowed for the posh people in the Grills?;)

Cheers

Nominally a "pillow concierge" is a perk of booking Britannia Club or higher-level accommodation, but a good steward can work around that as you experienced. I hope you tipped well for that level of service.

I'll add that our standard room pillows (fiber-filled) were very soft and nice on our most recent QM2 voyage.

Edited by Underwatr

Nominally a "pillow concierge" is a perk of booking Britannia Club or higher-level accommodation, but a good steward can work around that as you experienced. I hope you tipped well for that level of service.

I'll add that our standard room pillows (fiber-filled) were very soft and nice on our most recent QM2 voyage.

Oh we did indeed!She was an absolute delight and we had a lot of laughs with her on that crossing:D

Unfortunately while traveling in the Grills 3 times this past year, we had sketchy experience with the pillow menu concept. We asked and got puzzled responses from our butlers, room stewards, housekeeping etc. After a lot of back-and-forth, we finally got a few pillow options but none of then were the good supports for our necks that we need and prefer. My recommendation is that it does not hurt to ask whatever class you are traveling in. But lower your expectations.

Many thanks for your responses. I don't want to sound like some kind of pedantic "Prince (!) And The Pea"; but I'm so used to our feather pillows at home, that I now take a couple with me when I am away on business - which is quite frequently at the moment. And thus I think (much to my hubbie's mild amusement) I'll be doing so on this crossing having invested in a couple of those vacuum storage travel bags that mean you can expel all the air from them for ease of packing! Thanks for your replies once again.