Trying to keep an open mind.. on Deliziosa now

oskar95

For the first time I cant wait to get off the ship, and we are on day two. Very diseappointed!

Service is really bad and especially in the dining room where little is being done to try to please us. Everything from slow service, mediocre food and being charged for water when you order a bottle of wine even. Not possible to get ice cream or cappucino there either.

Food in buffet is barely edible and beer served in plastic glasses in the pizzeria.

Embarkation day was a nightmare, it took us four hours to get on the ship. Eek!!

Ship is not very clean, there are layers of dust lots of places.

Trying to keep an open mind but struggling. Fingers crossed it get better!

For the first time I cant wait to get off the ship, and we are on day two. Very diseappointed!

Service is really bad and especially in the dining room where little is being done to try to please us. Everything from slow service, mediocre food and being charged for water when you order a bottle of wine even. Not possible to get ice cream or cappucino there either.

Food in buffet is barely edible and beer served in plastic glasses in the pizzeria.

Embarkation day was a nightmare, it took us four hours to get on the ship. Eek!!

Ship is not very clean, there are layers of dust lots of places.

Trying to keep an open mind but struggling. Fingers crossed it get better!

I just disembarked the Deliziosa on Wednesday. I didn't notice anything like that at all. In fact the ship was clean and spotless. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must say we've been on many Costa cruises and all the ships are always spotless.

We've also eaten in the Pizzeria on different Costa ships and never had plastic glasses. Are you referring to the buffet area? I think you will have plastic glasses there because it leads to the pool decks and having proper glasses would be a hazard there because lots of people go bare foot.

I read endless reports on various lines and it appears to be the norm for all them gudging by the photos.

Alicat58

Must say we've been on many Costa cruises and all the ships are always spotless.

We've also eaten in the Pizzeria on different Costa ships and never had plastic glasses. Are you referring to the buffet area? I think you will have plastic glasses there because it leads to the pool decks and having proper glasses would be a hazard there because lots of people go bare foot.

I read endless reports on various lines and it appears to be the norm for all them gudging by the photos.

Alicat58

Yes they have closed off a small area of the buffet. They should have proper glasses in that small area. Plastic just cheapens the experience.

I'm glad that both of you had a good experience with the cleanliness of the ship but its not the case this time. Dust in corridors, staircases and layers of dust in certain areas in the buffet. Crumbs in chairs and behind couches in pizzeria.

I feel for you oscar95.

We just disembarked the Deliziosa on December 21st, after 24 nights transatlantic from Venice, or Trieste rather to Fort Lauderdale. We were looking into disembarking early in Barcelona, (after 8 days), due to similar problems on the ship.

Service was non-existent at the supervisory levels, food was extraordinarily poor. Cleanliness wasn't an issue, but everything-and I mean Everything else was.

It is too bad because we had been on Costa prior to Carnival Corp involvement and feel it was far superior to what it is today. They are touting their suites and suite perks, and they are just not delivering. To have a line of 10+ at Customer service at all hours, and a wait on the phone of 10-15 minutes to speak with them is just ludicrous. The butlers in the suites are also just lip service and useless and not trained properly. Part of the problem, as we see it, is the cost-cutting measures: Waiters in the MDR having 35 guests to serve with no assistants, (no wonder they only serve beer & wine there); Room attendants having 23-25 rooms to service-working all day long and looking really exhausted; Nobody, no one willing or able to answer a question or solve a problem without checking with headquarters first.

Stupid, stupid stuff. No movies on the TV when their is no reception mid-Atlantic; Nothing in writing, everything verbal.

And the Cheerleaders on these boards will tell you it's an Italian cultural thing, which is not true. It's a cheap, Ryanair of the Seas cruise experience. Manners and service are not cultural items, they are good business. Appears Costa just wants to appeal to the cost-conscious foreign travelers since nothing they are doing will appeal to anyone else. And that's fine if that's what you are looking for. But really, doesn't everyone deserve better?

We know we do, so will be taking our business elsewhere....

Oh, almost forgot; Our Panorama Suite had inefficient HVAC. We couldn't open the curtains in the room before 12:30 or 1:00 PM or room would get too hot to even stay in-kind of negates the reason for a PS in the first place. Also, we witnessed some rather rude and abrupt treatment of disables senior citizens in wheelchairs. Not nice!

Edited by tnt10

I just disembarked the Deliziosa on Wednesday. I didn't notice anything like that at all. In fact the ship was clean and spotless. Sorry to hear of your problems.

I think you are missing the point: The problem is with the Costa Deliziosa and it's staff, not the OP. Their issues are also ones experienced by us and we disembarked on Wednesday as well.

Some people's standards of cleanliness are different from others.

Some people just expect more from a cruise after spending good money on them, others are satisfied with substandard amenities and service-all in the name of a good price.

We spoke with a German couple on their 22nd Costa cruise. When asked if they liked Costa they replied, "No, they're terrible." And yet they continue to cruise with them.

Absolutely unbelievable....

Edited by tnt10

I think you are missing the point: The problem is with the Costa Deliziosa and it's staff, not the OP. Their issues are also ones experienced by us and we disembarked on Wednesday as well.

Some people's standards of cleanliness are different from others.

Some people just expect more from a cruise after spending good money on them, others are satisfied with substandard amenities and service-all in the name of a good price.

We spoke with a German couple on their 22nd Costa cruise. When asked if they liked Costa they replied, "No, they're terrible." And yet they continue to cruise with them.

Absolutely unbelievable....

I didn't miss any point. Just stated things as I saw them.

We also had a Panorama Suite, aft, deck eight, port side . First thing I do on a Costa cruise is request engineering to adjust the HVAC to the coldest setting. Likely the previous occupant complained it was too cold and it was adjusted warmer. We also kept the curtains closed when not in the cabin. Guest Services called us three times to make sure we were satisfied.

As Pearl Diamond we had access to the Club Deliziosa restaurant. Service was too slow for us so we asked and received a table for two on deck three in the dining room. Second seating.

We don't order every course, were served and usually left the dining room in 45 minutes. Some of the entrees we really good and some were average. None were poor.

Guest Services called to make sure my wife was satisfied with her gluten free meals.

My standards are pretty high but I don't ASSume that Costa is going to be a five star experience. You get what you pay for.

Our Butler was fairly new so we had to request a few things that should usually have been taken care.

On every Costa cruise we have been on we talk to people that hate it and people that love it.

Many times we saw nobody in queue at Guest Services. Of course at peak times such as Sea days it busy. I was also put on hold for about ten minutes when I called them. Another time they answered right away.

We are going back in three weeks on the Deliziosa, 17 January.

Im not a cheerleader, just stating facts.

Hope it's better for you next time unless you move on to another cruise line.

We have been on many cruise lines. All are in the business to make money.

Three Costa cruises this year, all in a suite, no problems at all with regards to staff, cabins or cleanliness. Guess it is all about how you view the overall package. All three cruises cost less than the same on our other cruise lines this year. But were by far the best value with the exception of the food offerings, which even we now consider a poor relation of the wonderful menus of Costa past.

I MHO some folk will always moan once they get on board, even about how long it takes to answer a phone, funny that I never considered that having 3000 customers on board it would take a little time to get a reply from those lazy people on the front desk.

I didn't miss any point. Just stated things as I saw them.

We also had a Panorama Suite, aft, deck eight, port side . First thing I do on a Costa cruise is request engineering to adjust the HVAC to the coldest setting. Likely the previous occupant complained it was too cold and it was adjusted warmer. We also kept the curtains closed when not in the cabin. Guest Services called us three times to make sure we were satisfied.

As Pearl Diamond we had access to the Club Deliziosa restaurant. Service was too slow for us so we asked and received a table for two on deck three in the dining room. Second seating.

We don't order every course, were served and usually left the dining room in 45 minutes. Some of the entrees we really good and some were average. None were poor.

Guest Services called to make sure my wife was satisfied with her gluten free meals.

My standards are pretty high but I don't ASSume that Costa is going to be a five star experience. You get what you pay for.

Our Butler was fairly new so we had to request a few things that should usually have been taken care.

On every Costa cruise we have been on we talk to people that hate it and people that love it.

Many times we saw nobody in queue at Guest Services. Of course at peak times such as Sea days it busy. I was also put on hold for about ten minutes when I called them. Another time they answered right away.

We are going back in three weeks on the Deliziosa, 17 January.

Im not a cheerleader, just stating facts.

Hope it's better for you next time unless you move on to another cruise line.

We have been on many cruise lines. All are in the business to make money.

My full review will post in a couple of days, but I'll go into a couple of items now: We had engineering in our suite 8 times over three days to set our AC cooler, they weren't able to do it. They spent another day monitoring the temperatures every hour or so. The only solution was to keep the curtains drawn until 12:30 or 1:00 PM every day to keep the room temperature tolerable. Not much of a solution.

Not sure what this statement is intimating: "My standards are pretty high but I don't ASSume that Costa is going to be a five star experience. You get what you pay for." At any price, I don't think it's too much to expect good service, edible food and comfortable accommodations.

I have been on many other cruise lines as well. Of course they are all in the business to make money, but none has been as big a rip off financially as Costa is. Obviously, since you don't ASSume Costa is going to be a 5 star experience, you don't expect it nor even miss it.

Nothing could ever tempt me to cruise on Costa in the future. Just not up to my standards.

Edited by tnt10

Not one person has mentioned music and dancing, which is where Costa stands out from other cruise lines. Other than that, I didn't see much difference between Costa and MSC, and if all you want is cheap, you can get selloffs on American ships in the Caribbean for even less.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Booked Costa and came onboard with an average expectation. I am not like the ones who go on cruises and look for things to complain on. I am somewhat a experienced cruiser and just wanted to have a good time, but consisting bad service and attitudies onboard made it a rather tough week. Will not book another cruise with Costa but thats my own choice. I am sure people enjoy them

Will post a more detailed review in a few days.

Booked Costa and came onboard with an average expectation. I am not like the ones who go on cruises and look for things to complain on. I am somewhat a experienced cruiser and just wanted to have a good time, but consisting bad service and attitudies onboard made it a rather tough week. Will not book another cruise with Costa but thats my own choice. I am sure people enjoy them

Will post a more detailed review in a few days.

Agree 100%. At least you've learned with a relatively short cruise, we were on her for 24 days. We too had average expectations, but day after day of unfulfilled promises by management to correct blatant lapses in service and product, do take a toll. Couldn't wait to get off!

I'm amazed at those who have only sailed Costa and think they're great. To each his own...

Happy Cruising,

tnt10